Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I have been looking for awhile for a black SRT4 with lower miles (under 40K) and just about gave up.

Finally found one, not only is it black but it is a stock 2005 ACR with nothing modified. With only 31k miles.

Price is a bit high at 16k.....KBB of course is not really a good source for valuing these cars...since it is a performance car, very rare to find with this low a miles and a ACR on top of that. I think only 433 black ones were made.

Question: what price would you pay for this car? Please keep in mind I had it inspected by a professional with over 20 years of pre purchase car inspections. Focusing not only on the mechanical but other issues like wreck, flood etc. So the report came back with no mechanical problems, perfect working order, never been in accident, no flooding, no odometer roll back etc

So what would you pay for this car?

·
Registered
71 Posts
12-14. Topsssssss!!! IMO. As fun and love able as these cars are.. At the end of the day It's still a neon? I understand the love for these cars but for 16k you can get plenty of nicer things, as fun ? prob not. but still sounds like a great find.. If they're willing to work on the price with you.. Or maybe if u had a partial trade. Sumthin to dampen the price a little.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, I think a normal SRT4 with around 30k in mint condition would go for around 12,000 to 13,500. 14k would be great, but since this is 1 of 433? black ACRs built and is probably the only one that still is in mint condition with low miles, this could be the only ACR black one with low miles in existence....so maybe 14,500 to 15? ...

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
I would not pay more for an acr than a regular neon.
Thats silly talk.

Reactions: Racerxvsspeedracer

·
Registered
801 Posts
Hmm, I think a normal SRT4 with around 30k in mint condition would go for around 12,000 to 13,500. 14k would be great, but since this is 1 of 433? black ACRs built and is probably the only one that still is in mint condition with low miles, this could be the only ACR black one with low miles in existence....so maybe 14,500 to 15? ...
i'd say offer 14k max...

i bought a blk ACR a few months ago but not stock. i was looking for a full stage 3 since i've had 2 before and wanted another. It had a few owners and a minor accident. only 55k miles though. i paid a little over 10k. I'm trying to find owner that installed stage 3 and other mods to get more info about car.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Well I offered him 14k and he essentially got pissed....what a tool.
I actually, after negotiation with this cunt, went up to 15k because 1k is no big deal and I would like the car.....he told me that he needed to think about it and would get back with me tomorrow and he was being kind of a cunt..
Now in thinking about it, I am starting to think fug him...I really could care less if its a ACR and honestly the 16 inch wheels not exactly my taste...plus there is virtually no tires available for it fug it
...if I can get a normal one and save 5k ....makes sense to me....
Hell at 16k we are 3k away from a 2006 GTO with over 400Hp ...too small a gap to make it worth it.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
16k is way to much imo. I bought my 04 with 32k on the body with a brand new motor that had only 8k with documentation. Had about 12k put into the motor after everything was said and done. You know what I paid? Blue book! Was the guy happy about my offer... Of course not. He wanted 15k

Hell for 16 I would get a G8 GT. My gf just got one with low miles and I actually really like the car plus it comes with around 350 hp from the factory. She wanted a gto but a local guy has one that's twin turbo lol plus some have issues.

Good luck with whatever decision you make.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep, I emailed the guy and told him forget it. That I found a different car.
The more I thought about it even if he dropped to 15k I don't want it. After modding it I would be into around 20k. Thats stupid...I can get a GTO, or 2.0t Genesis even for around that price...
I will wait around and buy a base model for 10k someday or just forget it...

Thanks everyone for helping me not make a mistake!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Keep looking for the "one". I waited almost 6 years to finally get mine and was able to find an '03 with 34k miles for around $8,300. $16k could've bought you a nice STI.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Get a non acr srt4, your options will be much higher. And with the $ you save more mods later.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I just bought a black low mile 05. 65k miles for 6k. Never modded. Bought an extended warranty to cover the annoying 3rd gear grind but car is great. Low mileage, low priced srt4 are out there just have to keep searching.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
extended warranty always is a scam. Better to fix it yourself, or take it elsewhere. Read the fsm and get some tools.

·
Registered
738 Posts
extended warranty always is a scam. Better to fix it yourself, or take it elsewhere. Read the fsm and get some tools.
I don't disagree that most are a scam but I work for the dealer that sales this warranty. I am a mechanic and can fix it myself. But this warranty company i deal with on a daily and pays. Trust me I will get every penny back out of it and more. Hell a new trans from the dealer is almost 5k

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
I don't disagree that most are a scam but I work for the dealer that sales this warranty. I am a mechanic and can fix it myself. But this warranty company i deal with on a daily and pays. Trust me I will get every penny back out of it and more. Hell a new trans from the dealer is almost 5k
My fully built dog box (1,000hp) shipped both ways is under 5K. Trust me the extended warranty is a scam, and so is the stealership. Take that extended warranty $ and put it in a savings account or CD. See how much it grows, before you need it to fix the car! And when you get the car fixed, it will only take a fraction of the cost.
Money management 101!
Free money management tip 301, NEVER BUY LIFE INSURANCE!

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
And I just looked at craigslist, srt4 is going for 4,800-$7K all day long. What a deal for a great car that gets good mpg, and parts are cheap.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
If its a good dealer they are good. It covered my girlfriend's sunroof- something that is never covered under any warranty. I however bought a "service plan" for my yamaha r6 and the dealership went belly up.{ If you know anything about street bikes doing a valve job is a pain in the butt. Like REALLY bad. you have to take the cams out and everything to shim the valves. a 26k mile tune up is around 500 bucks. } Before they went out of business they were telling all their customers that they were moving. Only got to use 5 oil changes and 1 tune up for free :( Just another Rage tek/built/ glacial graphix. and wtf a GTO? Might as well buy a used corvette. Seriously. However the seats suck in my c5z. The leg part is too short- There isn't much to sit on square area wise. Srt seats in a vette would be blissful blasphemy.:lol:

·
Registered
6 Posts
So a few months back I was going to sell my 05 CE with 135k. Almost mint, stage2, rebuilt trans at 119K, complete es bushings, agp bov, short ram and other small things. Have all of the original parts that have been replaced, sm on cdrom , dodge tools/pullers and extra fuel pump. I was asking 9k and got laughed at . was the joke on them for not purchasing it? what should I have asked for?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts