Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a forge wga and a turbo xs mbc, im gonna install them tomarrow, my question is that i wanna run 17psi with about a fall to 15 at redline. my question is how do i adjust both units to work synergistically with each other. does one need more adjusting than the other, and should i install the wga before the mbc and tune it first? sorry for these questions im just a little confused? any input would help me alot for tomarrow if some one could even give me any preload advice that would be cool as well( for either unit) thanks.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I am not sure what the forge WGA spring is, but for my AGP, I installed the WGA first, tuned it to 12 and use the MBC to get it up to 18. I heard a lot of people saying not to go over 12 with the WGA because you may bend the flapper arm.

Steve

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this may be a stupid question, but how will i know where to set it for it to be at 12?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Undertaker said:
I am not sure what the forge WGA spring is, but for my AGP, I installed the WGA first, tuned it to 12 and use the MBC to get it up to 18. I heard a lot of people saying not to go over 12 with the WGA because you may bend the flapper arm.

Steve

so how does the mbc produce more boost if the wga is only set to 12? just curious.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Lets say the WGA is dialed to 12psi. The turbo will spool up and once the Wastegate senses it is around 12psi, the wastegate opens up. When a MBC is applied, you are bleeding off some of that air so it is harder for the WG to open. So basically more pressure must be applied to the WG (like maybe 15psi) to open it up. That is how you get the increase in boost.

I hope this helps.

Steve

·
Registered
156 Posts
Undertaker said:
The MBC Bleeds off more air producing more boost. So if you make a small hole in the line from the Turbo to the WGA (lets say no MBC involved, just put a hole in the line), you might bleed off 3psi of boost (12psi from wga + 3psi from small hole = 15psi). If you make a bigger hole, you will bleed more (So like 12psi + 6psi from bigger hole = 18psi). So an MBC is just like making a bigger hole to bleed. The bigger you make the hole, the more boost you produce.

Steve

AHH, gotcha. I'm new to turbos but I'm learning. Thanks :clap:

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
tune to 12psi in what gear my 1st and 2nd are around 12 and then i get 18 spikes and 20 spikes out of 3rd and 4th?

with agp billet wga and joeP mbc working as a bleed for now.

Should I disconnect the mbc then tune the wga and hook the mbc back up?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Disconnect the MBC and tune the WGA. That is the best way to do it. Then use the MBC to up your boost. Mine right now it pretty consistent through gears, usually between 15 - 17. I think people said to set it in 3rd gear, that is what gear I used to set mine. I just drove down the road in 3rd and floored it. When it was set to a good PSI, I added the MBC in. And mine is all set now.

Steve

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.