Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do I run the 'feed' and 'return' lines from/to?

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Buy "adding" do you mean the turbo wasn't originally setup for it? You would need a new CHRA (center housing rotating assembly) that has water cooling channels.

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
westrock said:
Buy "adding" do you mean the turbo wasn't originally setup for it? You would need a new CHRA (center housing rotating assembly) that has water cooling channels.

Yes, I'm having a turbo rebuilt, and in doing so I'm having them add water jackets so it will be both oil and water cooled.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
MikeD said:
Yes, I'm having a turbo rebuilt, and in doing so I'm having them add water jackets so it will be both oil and water cooled.
um...your "my car" says no mods.......so we dont have the info to provide an answer

so....the stock td04 and S3 td05 are both oil + water cooled already, both using stock lines...

...many other aftermarket turbos already are also...

...if your specific turbo (which is ???) doesnt come that way, then its unlikely you can, as the CHRA will not have water passages cast into it, and its not like you can carve some out

all turbos are at minimnum oil cooled / lubed......many have water cooling, mostly for warranty / longevity reasons, by manufacturer

its pretty common that we've run turbos (in swaps) with water ports closed off, and just oil lines......with no ill effect

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Psi-Fi spec'ed GTS-58/GT-30. Innovative is rebuilding my turbo, and they are going to add water jackets to it.

I was just curious if I could use stock feed/return locations to run the coolent lines :)

jersturbo said:
um...your "my car" says no mods.......so we dont have the info to provide an answer

so....the stock td04 and S3 td05 are both oil + water cooled already, both using stock lines...

...many other aftermarket turbos already are also...

...if your specific turbo (which is ???) doesnt come that way, then its unlikely you can, as the CHRA will not have water passages cast into it, and its not like you can carve some out

all turbos are at minimnum oil cooled / lubed......many have water cooling, mostly for warranty / longevity reasons, by manufacturer

its pretty common that we've run turbos (in swaps) with water ports closed off, and just oil lines......with no ill effect

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^^^^

Is that better (first post) :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts