ADAPTRONIC Standalone ECU Coming Soon!

1K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  Turbotronic 
#1 ·
What is your name: Zach Young
What is your Email Address:Zach@addictedperformanceunlimited.com
What is your City? :Maryville
What is your State? :TN
What is your Zip code? :37801

We are very excited to announce that with the help of us and with enough demand from the community that Adaptronic has decided to step into the SRT-4 Market. It will be a Full PNP Unit with a very short installation time and be a Full Standalone ECU. This product is being developed as we speak and should be ready to launch in 4-6 weeks. We want to offer this to the community before hand to draw up some interest and get the group buy started with a Pre-Order.

Here is some of information on what the ECU can offer!

Features
Multiple tuning modes including Volumetric Efficiency for accurate & easy tuning.
Advanced Adaptive Fuel & Ignition Control including 100% configurable tolerances, loop gains, & conditions for automated AFR, IDLE, & Transient Throttle Control( Closed Loop Self Tuning)- E440D Model Only
Flex Fuel Control for maintaining accurate injection rates utilizing real-time ethanol content monitoring. (Requires Flex Fuel Sensor.)- E440D Model Only
Flex Fuel Control for maintaining accurate injection rates utilizing real-time ethanol content monitoring. (Requires Flex Fuel Sensor.)- E440D Model Only
Internal 4 bar MAP sensor for engines running as high as 40 psi of boost.
Dual MAP Switching capability for street & track vehicles!
Integrated 3.5mm headphone jack for real-time listening to knock.
Analog inputs for all common temperature sensors (Water, Air Temperature, EGT) as well as MAP, TPS, Knock, & Oxygen Sensors.
Eight Auxiliary Outputs (four high current outputs & three PWM capable) for boost management, nitrous control, auxiliary injection, etc.
Integrated Diagnostic LED's for easy visual confirmation of proper Trigger, Fuel Injection, & Ignition System operation.
Four configurable digital inputs. (A/C operation, Power Steering engagement, Clutch/Neutral switching)
Easy to use WARI tuning software with USB connection to PC's running Windows XP, Vista, 7, & 8.
Easy Datalogging with no additional hardware/software.
Dual closed-loop variable valve timing (VVT) channels.
Compatible with factory CAS and ignition system
Launch Control configuration.
Traction configuration. E440D Model Only
Excellent direct and community technical support.
12 Month Warranty

Connectors:
x1 Two-plug connector
x1 Mini USB port for connection to laptop
x2 2.5mm jacks for serial communications (one to connect to external loggers and dashes, the other to connector the Serial Output from the Innovative MTX-L Wideband- Requires Cable 3812)
x1 3.5mm headphone output (for listening to knock)

Sensor Interfaces:
Crank angle sensor types- Three programmable inputs, reluctor or hall-effect/optical, configurable as triggering ignition timing, injector drive, ignition timing during cranking, or cylinder 1 marker. Also capable of triggering off rising and/or falling edge on the same trigger input pin, internal pull-ups for hall-effect/optical trigger inputs
Crank angle trigger waveforms- Sync / trigger / multitooth / missing tooth (versatile programmability), Nissan optical, Mitsubishi style with 2 sync pulses, Virtually all factory triggering systems.
External Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) input- 0-5V, two-point linear calibration, range 0 to 400 kPa (5V supplied by ECU). There is also an internal 4 bar MAP sensor installed inside the ECU.
Air, water, & aux temp inputs- 4k7 pull-up (requires separate thermistor connected to ground), 32-point linearly interpolated calibration, range -30° to 125°C
Oxygen Sensor (O2) input- 0-1V factory narrowband, or Bosch "wideband" with input impedance of 10 MOhm. (Compatible with: 0-5V linearised sensor (eg PLX, M&W UEGO) to aux input, an 0-3V Zietronix sensor to analogue input, or a M&W UEGO, TechEdge, Innovate LC-1 and TC-4 on secondary serial port.)
Knock input- High impedance input, bandpass filtered, with headphone output.
Throttle position (TPS) input- 0-5V (5V supplied by ECU), 2-point calibration
Auxiliary digital inputs- 4 inputs, each configurable as active-high or active-low, 12V tolerant inputs.

Actuator Interfaces:
Number of injector drivers- 4
Injector driver waveforms- Full sequential, Batch, Semi-sequential every period or semi-sequential every second period, Half/third/quarter speed full sequential, Fire all at once every cylinder 1 (as on Swift GTi, Alpine Renault), Optional batch fire during cranking.
Injector driver current- Optional constant current or peak-hold drive, selectable steady-state current of 0.5A, 0.9A, 1.5A or 1.9A
Number ignition outputs- 4 (using 4th channel disables aux output 1)
Ignition output waveforms- Selectable as firing on rising edge or falling edge.
Ignition output type- Open-collector with 560Ohm pull-up (allows direct connection to OEM transistor or separate igniter box).
Number of auxiliary outputs- 8 (or 7 if using 4 ignition channels)
High current outputs- Max current 7A (or 3A inductive), 3 of these PWM capable, PWM frequency selectable (23Hz - 2kHz)
Low current outputs- Max current 200mA - suitable to drive relay coils

Control Characteristics:
Map points- 512 cells per fuel/ignition map, dual maps which can be toggled with digital input.
Load determination and Tuning Modes- Optional Volumetric Efficiency Tuning, TPS or MAP based, TPS using 2nd map as MAP backup, MAP using 2nd map as TPS backup, Both maps MAP or TPS, digital input to select, MAP and TPS map, digital input to select, MAP and TPS map, use MAP on closed throttle, otherwise TPS, Use max/min/average/sum (MAP, TPS), Read TPS from map and multiply by value in MAP table
Injector pulse width resolution- 0.7µs (0 - 44ms)
Ignition resolution- 0.2° (0 - 51°)
Dwell time resolution- 0.1ms (0.1ms - 5ms) Dwell time reduction for high RPM with high dwell time.
Accelerator pump- TPS and/or MAP based (configurable proportionality) as well as asynchronous accelerator pump. Works with TPS pot or switch - pot gives better performance.
Fuel control strategies- Open loop, closed loop (requires EGO sensor) - can run open loop above a specific MAP if required, target AFR can be set across rev and load ranges.
Fuel correction- Trim tables based on Coolant Temperature and Air Temperature, Dead-Time correction
Ignition control strategies- Trim tables based on Coolant Temperature and Air Temperature
Idle control strategies- Open loop values with a 32-entry temperature table, Target idle speeds with 32-entry temperature table, Idle effort correction for air temperature, Idle-up functionality based on A/C request, electrical loads, power steering.
Main loop speed- 400Hz approx

If you are not familiar with the Adaptronic Brand let me introduce you to them and some of there work!

They have been making Engine Managment Systems in Australia for over 9yrs now and are growing at a very fast pace. The best part about this company is the customer service. The lead engineer will work direct with the end user to create a base map, or revise one if needed in a short time frame. Also if there is anything in the software that needs to be changed, or upgraded they will do it! In the event there is a hardware problem we can get a replacement unit to you in about a week.

We here at Addicted Performance Unlimited have tested and are converting all of our RX-7's to the Adaptronic Platform.

How Adaptronic Started - YouTube

Zoom Magazine -- Adaptronic ECU Workshop visit - YouTube

Pricing for this unit will be as follows and more we sell obviously cheaper the price will be.

Retail-$1349.00

10 Units-$1249.00
20 Units-$1149.00

We will require a $250 non refundable deposit that will go towards your order.

Feel free to check out our website and FB to check out some of our other builds and parts we have to offer.

addictedperformanceunlimited.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Addicted-Performance-Unlimited/279123915486493

Also have the wire in unit that we will be able to offer also! That link will be posted at a later date

Feel free to PM us on here for any questions regarding the ECU or for ordering information.

See less See more
3 1
#5 ·
How can the end user who does not have any true tuning experience take advantage of this product?

Are there going to be dedicated tuning houses around the country that the end user can rely on?

#6 ·
This particular ECU will be very easy for even the most novice user to actually be able to load a base map.

But with that said we will be able to help on final tuning and we are working with a few other big names in the community to be able to work and tune this ECU.

So yes once the ECU is released we will have a few people lined up who are familiar with the ECU and can offer tuning services for it including us.

#7 ·
I have been reading about systems like this over the past few weeks. ProEFI and what not. Really glad that something is now going to be offered for our platform that can read ethanol content in real time and make adjustments based on the percentage. Pretty bad ass:thumbsup:

#8 ·
That is the feedback we are looking for! It seems after the first few options were offered for the SRT platform nothing new was developed and left a hole in the market. I am hoping this ECU being released will bring some new attention and excitement into the community

#9 · (Edited)
This is sounding like an interesting tool to use for the goal of my SRT project car... GTA or NASA type vehicle.

Oh...and I absolutely loved that third video! Thanks for posting that!

#11 ·
Word on the Apadtronic PNP. I'm a member of the RX7 community as well so, I'm already an Apadtronic fan. As soon as you release this LMK, because I'd love to sell/throw away/burn my SCT/PRP and run a quality stand alone instead. Also, congrats and thank you for getting the ball rolling on this. Actually, scratch the release business, LMK when I can pre-order.

#17 ·
other stand alones?

as in just the aem v1, which has been long discontinued? In terms of pnp standalones the adaptronic will be the only available standalone...unless you want to venture into building a new wire harness and adapting a universal ems-4, haltec, m800, etc.

Read the features list...should be evident whether it meets your needs or not once you do.

#18 · (Edited)
Cool thank you. Been out of tuning part for a bit so I didn't know AEM didn't make it anymore. As for the rest of the stand alones out there I knew that some people were making custom wire harness for many of the other stand alones. Thank you for the heads up. Last time I searched I kept finding them showing up for sale over last year. werid

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.