Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my ACR-X Build thread:

I ordered this car new from Bettenhausen Dodge in April of 2005, added the Stage 3 in 2007, the ONLY time this car was back to the dealer for service was for a bad Boost Gauge. No problems EVER with the car until late summer of 09 when it started knocking, sounded like a rod bearing, so I parked it to rebuild it last winter. In the meantime my wife's GCSRT-8 broke a vlavespring and ate a valve so I ended up building a 392 for it with CNC heads etc.. but that is a different story.. Anyway I finally got around to pulling the Skittle down last month, turns out the bolts on the flexplate were loose. Well the engine was already out, I already had a spare head getting ported, so I figured I might as well forge ahead with a build.

Current Configuration:
2005 SRT-4 ACR
Mopar Stage 3 W/ Toys
AIS FMIC
Thermal R&D Turbo back W/Cat
Samco Sport Hoses
DCR Ported TB
F&F Ported Turbofold
F&F Ported Intake
P werkes rear strut bar
Mopar Front strut bar
Prothane MM inserts
Maddog 58% Shifter
AEM CAI

Upgrades coming:

Engine
MAP/F&F Rods
Realtune 8.0 to 1 Pistons
Strap Kit
Balance/blueprinting by Opel Engineering
Head ported by Rad Racing
+1 Intake
+2 Exhaust
Crower Stage 1 Cams
Unorthadox Racing Cam Gears
ATI SuperDamper
Mole' billet oil pump gears/tone ring
NDE Traction Control
FnF/MAP 47 Lb Billet wheel

Trans
Rage Accelerator Input shaft from Realtune
Rage OD gears
Rage Billet shift fork
AGP Billet Selector
P-Werkes Syncro Clip

ACT sprung 6 puck/HD PP
Suspension
Prothane LCA Bushings
KW Clubsport struts
Hotchkiss Swaybars

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Misc Parts:

MAP Rods:

ATI Damper:

I have been using LoKo Coatings for various projects over the years, and I have decided I would help put hs kids through College lol.
I/C end tanks Powder coated:

Turbofold Ceramic coated: ( The Intake Manifold, TB spacer, Upper and lower heat shields, O2 housing, CAI tube and hard pipe for the IC are all done)

Oil pan and brace: (All the cast brackets, the trans case, engine block, and bedplate will be done this color)

Oil Cooler, and Lower Motor Mount: ( All the motor mounts, coolant lines, stamped mounting brackets, plate between the engine and trans are this color)

No heart:

I will be getting the Cross member, LCAs, Swaybar, and rear arms Powder coated Silver after the holidays.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Pictures really don't do the Powder/Ceramic any justice. The finish is excellent, and their prep and masking work is perfect.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also plan on stripping down the rest of the engine compartment and painting the inner fenders and firewall gloss black.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
you should get the acrx decal from the viper... sounds like an awesome build.

Tuning with?

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you should get the acrx decal from the viper... sounds like an awesome build.

Tuning with?
Tuning with a DSP, and Either Aaron @ Realtune, or Duster 360, still on the fence at this point, from what I've heard I really cant go wrong with either.

I'm working on the Acr-X decals:eveilgrin

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice looking build.

When did Aaron start tuning with DiabloSport?
I may have misunderstood him when I talked to him about my build, I'd prefer DSP because of the data logging capabilities, I have one for tuning my Grand Cherokee, so I am very familiar with it. If I HAVE to go SCT, so be it.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn't expect the trans parts to come back from LoKo so quickly, I am heading to P-Werkes tomorrow to pick up the 3rd gear snap ring, and my bearings and seals should be in tomorrow as well. I may actually be able to assemble the trans this weekend.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
very nice..
while its apart, how about a big wheel 47lbs?
also, since you have access to the middle pass motor mount its a great time to fill it.. and the other mounts too.. (i switched from flexane to 3m window weld)

looks just like the intercooler i have from cx / ebay

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is my ACR-X

I am waiting on MAP/F&F to get their new 47 Lb Wheel out to round out the engine upgrades
very nice..
while its apart, how about a big wheel 47lbs?
also, since you have access to the middle pass motor mount its a great time to fill it.. and the other mounts too.. (i switched from flexane to 3m window weld)

looks just like the intercooler i have from cx / ebay

I am using some 3M epoxy on the middle mount, the others already have inserts.

The AIS intercooler is a nice piece, it was designed for Mopar and the Stage 3 kit, but Mopar backed out due to the need to modify the crash bar. They have been unavailable for ~ 4 years now.

·
Premium Member
50,398 Posts
nice looking build there.

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold), SRT of the Month
7,512 Posts
Looks like a stout build! Gonna have a great powerband!

Aaron doesn't do DSP so Duster will be your man.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks like a stout build! Gonna have a great powerband!

Aaron doesn't do DSP so Duster will be your man.
Yeah, Duster 360 is somewhat local to me as well, I know he already talked to the guys at P-Werks and I can rent the dyno there to do the tuning close to home.

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold), SRT of the Month
7,512 Posts
That will be awesome. p-werks uses a mustang Dyno so you will be able to load the car properly plus have someone as knowledgeable as duster tune the car. looking forward to results!

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was able to machine my bedplate today, and get the geartrain assembled for the trans:

I need to torque down the retainer nut, peen it, and press on the bearing, then I will be able to button up the entire trans.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got the trans together, and the bind figured out, I did not grind the clearance far enough down on the idler shaft, when the input sahft fully seated the Rage OD gear was binding on the shaft. It's all good now..

Picked up my pistons from LoKo:

And assembled the turbo:

1 - 20 of 106 Posts