Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, welcome to ACR hell, lol.

I want a set of either DR's or straight slicks. I have options, but need opinions!!

Option 1: Get 2 more BBS's and put slicks on them. 225/45/16 slicks to be exact. Kumho makes them I think.

Option 2: Get 17's or 15's, a set of 4, and buy 2 new rears and slicks to go with them. Advantage? I may get a little wider slick on a 15, and 17's there are just way more sizes available, and they are cheaper!!!

SO, opinions guys. What to do?? Right now I am leaning towards option 1, as it's cheapest. Will a 225/45/16 slick (or DR) be enough to handle 400HP??

Damn ACR and it's 23.7 inch requirement!! (see, I did read the tech first!!! it just didn't help much!!)

·
Administrator
39,215 Posts
kumho does not make slicks that you want, they make road racing and autocross slicks, very stiff sidewall.

get 2 15x7 kosei k1 and 2 24.5" slicks. that is the only option without getting coilovers.

·
Registered
19,512 Posts
Where's the best place to find that size of slicks?

·
Registered
669 Posts
I had the same problem you did finding a slick that will fit, I couldnt find any 16'' drag radials or slicks that would fit so I went with a 15" rim. I have 2 rota slipstreams that were about $250 shipped, I also have 2 mickey thompson 22x8 slicks from http://www.wpsracing.com/ they were about $350 shipped. I chose this set up because you dont need to run spacers.

·
Registered
19,512 Posts
So I could probably run those w/ pt steel wheels or some other Konei, etc.

·
Registered
669 Posts
stowaway said:
M&H has a 23xsomethingx15 slick that is a good choice for near stock power levels.

24.5x8.5x15s are here http://www.mandhtires.com/store.php?crn=71&rn=332&action=show_detail

it SHOULD fit, a few others have said so, but I am not 100% sure it will clear everything.
I really dont think the 24.5's are going to fit unless you use a huge spacer.... I think the bigest tire that will fit is a 23x7.5" m&h or the 23x8.5'' m&h with a spacer or the 22x8" mickeys I have, I have a pic somewhere showing the clearance from the top of the tire to the spring pearch to be the hieght of a lug nut and thats on my 22'' so I think the 23''s are going to be a little to tall. My best 60' was 1.8 and that was with the car all stock. I run 1.9's all day with crappy track prep, and even crappier launchs.

·
Administrator
39,215 Posts
the stock tires are 23.7" tall, I don't see how a 23" is going to be too tall remember only half of the diameter is going to take up that space.

again, others said the 24.5" worked, it might have been another company's skinnier 24.5 though.

·
Registered
19,512 Posts
I guess here's the question.

Who has an ACR... what wheels and slicks do you use? :lol:

·
Registered
669 Posts
thepowertowin said:

white acr, rota slipstreams 15x7'' mickey thompson 22x8 slicks *no spacers*

·
Registered
19,512 Posts
Ibex37 said:
thepowertowin said:

white acr, rota slipstreams 15x7'' mickey thompson 22x8 slicks *no spacers*
Aren't those wheels a little expensive? Where'd you get your wheels and tires then?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts