Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
according to a UTI student at my work my Modern Performance turbo-back exhaust sounds like ass, crap and shit...he told me to put on a muffler to CREATE! backpressure to help the turbo...is he just dumb like most of the kids that go to UTI, or did I misunderstand that you WANT 3" piping so your turbo spools faster to GET RID OF backpressure...

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
UTI student is a retard as most are. According to my wife, who works for UTI, she has never seen a dumber breed of people than those that try to enroll in UTI.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Some Back pressure on N/A = Good
No Back pressure on turbo = fucking awsome

·
Banned
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol

Redracer said:
UTI student is a retard as most are. According to my wife, who works for UTI, she has never seen a dumber breed of people than those that try to enroll in UTI.
:lol: :jester: :rofl:

thats what i said, and he acts like he knows it all...i mean who would WANT TO PUT BACKPRESSURE on the turbo...sure it may quiet it down some but WHO CARES!! if you cant take the heat get out the kitchen bitch!!! :lol: :jester:

Kenny

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
LoL I have a couple friends that have went and are going, don't listen to them just cause their from UTI that's all I have to say.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
It's been said before, but the best exhaust setup for a turbocharged engine is no exhaust at all. You'll always have enough backpressure as long as there is a turbo.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Yea I have heard from many people that UTI is a joke and a monkey could graduate from there. I'm glad my tech classes are taught by a GM pro and sponsored by GM :thumbsup:

·
Registered
903 Posts
You never want backpressure on any car. On a N/A car, you want velocity. Going too big reduces velocity and increases backpressure, going to small and the pipe doesn't flow enough.

Turbo's work by pressure differential across the turbine, the area before is always high pressure, so you want a large, unrestrictive pipe to ensure a low pressure (no backpressure) area is on the other side.

·
Registered
1 Posts
so uti really a joke ? i know mostly gm stuff since i have a camaro,but now considering an srt-4 and learing about it b4 i get 1, casue i was planning on going to uti here in orlando and taking the hot rod u course, to expand what i know so far and know more .....

·
Registered
13,864 Posts
Steiner said:
You'll always have enough backpressure as long as there is a turbo.
Indeed, however any gains or necessity for backpressure are completely outweighed by the gains provided by the turbo.

Ask your UTC buddy why Carlson is in the 8's with the conspicuous lack of 'backpressure' :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
jaymzx said:
Indeed, however any gains or necessity for backpressure are completely outweighed by the gains provided by the turbo.

Ask your UTC buddy why Carlson is in the 8's with the conspicuous lack of 'backpressure' :lol:
Wow that pic is cool

·
Registered
849 Posts
I agree that there are a lot of monkeys in UTI (and your friends seem to be some of them), but refrain from lumping us all together into a huge stereotype. Sorry for getting angry but this just pissed me off. I know MUCH more about cars than about 75% of the people on here. There are idiots at every school. It's called the real world. But I will not stand for such a shameless, and simply disgusting display of shit talking. Did you know how many UTI students are now master certified techs for Porsche, Audi, Mercedes, BMW, Volvo, Jaguar etc.?? Some of you here are just as ignorant as your UTI friends that you speak of. They're probably new guys too so I wouldn't let them represent our school. Schools are filled with people and last time I checked people are imperfect. They are going to this school to LEARN and work towards a future. We aren't born knowing everything there is to know especially when it comes to cars. Excuse my rant. I just got back from school where we climb on trees and pick lice from each other's heads. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
13,864 Posts
Hey man, I agree. There is a 'top of the class' in every school (no matter what the curriculum). Unfortunately, there are more 'average' and 'dumbass' students than 'top of the class' students.

It's unfortunate that most of our interaction is with the 'dumbass' gentry.

·
Tha man
911 Posts
Boostd20psi said:
according to a UTI student at my work my Modern Performance turbo-back exhaust sounds like ass, crap and shit...he told me to put on a muffler to CREATE! backpressure to help the turbo...is he just dumb like most of the kids that go to UTI, or did I misunderstand that you WANT 3" piping so your turbo spools faster to GET RID OF backpressure...
You answered your own question. "smart UTI student" is an oxy-moron.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts