Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not just SRT-4 but all ABS. Thats just my thoughts. I wan't to have full control,not some computer taking away my freedom. ABS is benificial for some (who lack the nack) But i want to be able to Lock em up if i feel the need. In wet and snow there should be an off switch. When threshhold braking i stop way faster .....push it to lock up.....abs kicks in and it feels like i exelerate. how do i kill ABS and take control

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
well i ran a switch to my abs fuse so i can kill it and turn back on without pull fuse everytime... plus the switch looks badass... :evilgrin
if u want i'll post pics for ya tomorrow just say the word.. oh yeah abs off car is fuckin cool.. ass all over the place :evilgrin

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awww thank God i am not alone..........I love the Valet(wife) switch idea,pictures are allways a bonus gq thanks..........but what this about a sensor Getme...... is that the one down bye the sprocket looking thing on the inside of caliper........................ABS sucks

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
G-FORCE said:
Awww thank God i am not alone..........I love the Valet(wife) switch idea,pictures are allways a bonus gq thanks..........but what this about a sensor Getme...... is that the one down bye the sprocket looking thing on the inside of caliper........................ABS sucks
I don't know where the sensor is, but if you ask over in the autocross section you should surely get the information you want. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Perfect!!!!!!! Thank you get me.....end of Thread. I did the search thing for ABS,but nothing....so thanks i am set.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Dude, ABS works thats why cars have it. We learned in our college physics class about it. Something to do with the energy being absorbed by the brakes being broke down into smaller and smaller amounts of energy with ABS as opposed to one big absorption of energy with no ABS, no to mention the loss of traction as you skid to a halt. It may feel like you aren't stopping as fast, but that is the nature of the ABS. Car A with ABS will stop significantly sooner than Car A without ABS.

·
Registered
227 Posts
satchmo said:
Dude, ABS works thats why cars have it. We learned in our college physics class about it. It may feel like you aren't stopping as fast, but that is the nature of the ABS. Car A with ABS will stop significantly sooner than Car A without ABS.

Maybe if the guy without ABS stomps the pedal and thats it. It has been proven a few times that a skilled person without ABS can usually stop faster.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hmmmmmmm..........Bill Nye has been known to be slower in turn 2

·
Registered
441 Posts
wikidsrt said:
Maybe if the guy without ABS stomps the pedal and thats it. It has been proven a few times that a skilled person without ABS can usually stop faster.
But when a "skilled" person without ABS brakes, what do they do? The technique they use basically emulates the ABS by pumping the brake pedal.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Has ABS ever kicked in for you on dry pavement??????

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If NO........then you just don't get it

·
Registered
441 Posts
G-FORCE said:
Has ABS ever kicked in for you on dry pavement??????
Yes, and only when I needed it, to make an immediate stop.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes, and only when I needed it, to make an immediate stop
i am sorry..............i really don't think you understand.......did your tests include track times ...abs vrs. non..........left and rights,off cambers,wet,extra wet. and (this one is for bodisnufalufigas13)............who was driving...........BILL NIGH!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahah sorry .

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
funny paint ball......you seen my American coment didn't you

·
Registered
606 Posts
ABS CAN work good in racing conditions if tuned properly... unfortunately alot of auto makers tune the ABS for the typical daily driver (understandable) and it interferes alot more than you would want on a race car. A good setup would allow some lockup before intervening. This way you are primarily in control of the brakes until absolutely necessary. The SRT-4 is mediocre for the case; it does allow lockup, but only a little (chirps at a time). I also find that some ABS systems (SRT4 included) don't disengage as quick as they should when you start releasing pedal pressure.
As for disabling ABS, this is illegal in many autocross classes, but if you are going to do it, disconnect the rear sensor - disconnecting the fuse also disables brake proportioning, which you DO want.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts