Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am about to start buying all the parts and start fabbing everything up to do the AWD setup. whats everyone think of this. I was thinking about buying a subie wrx but i think i like the srt to much. :clap:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
so is no body interested in this. I'm trying to figure out how many people are interested in getting their srt's awd. by my shop after all the R&D is done. thanks guys

·
2011 Calendar Car, SRT of the Month
17,938 Posts
I think a lot of folks would be interested if a) you really do the conversion and b) it were affordable.

A lot of people have talked about doing it, but nobody seems to have successfully completed a mod like this. I think you should do the R&D, install the mods and post your pics and results. People need it to be more tangible before they get all excited about the prospect of an AWD skittle for like the 100th time.

Good luck BTW!

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Not going to happen.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
to you people who say its not going to happen. stay tuned. and i am going to post pics of the progress and final pictures when its done. i saw a lot of people who just said yea they were gonna do it then decided not to because everyone told them it wasnt going to happen. but when my shop gets involved and we start a project one way or another it gets done. anyway i'll keep everyone updated.

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Do you have a game plan already?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Yeah what car are you sourcing your parts from? Just wondering, sounds interesting, and VERY EXPENSIVE.... Good luck, subscribed.

·
Registered
408 Posts
More Info

I think I speak for most people when I say we need more info. You just come on here and say " Im making my srt4 AWD" How about some details and pics. Whats your shops name? Does it have a web site? How long do you think it will take? How much money? What parts are you going to use? Are you making custom parts or WRX pieces or what? What kind of other projects have you done before?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
for me to finish all the R&D its gonna take me a lot of money and i am going to be working with investor's I used to run a shop called TDC and now im working for a buddy of mine at Butch's Auto. I am about to open my own shop hopefully soon. as for part's it is going to be a frankenstien. and i am going to have to make a lot of custom parts. When its done I am hopefully going to be able to make it relatively cheap. as for previous projects there is a long long list mainly drag cars a few sti and wrx owners have came to me for quite a bit of work. if i didnt answer all the question sorry and for the pictures like i said stay posted i am working on the whole thing.

·
2011 Calendar Car, SRT of the Month
17,938 Posts
Hey man, like I said before, good luck. Put me down for a kit if you can get it to around $3-4K. I'd love to have an AWD skittle. That'd be the perfect way to shut the Evo/STi kids up.

·
Super Moderator
16,855 Posts
for me to finish all the R&D its gonna take me a lot of money and i am going to be working with investor's I used to run a shop called TDC and now im working for a buddy of mine at Butch's Auto. I am about to open my own shop hopefully soon. as for part's it is going to be a frankenstien. and i am going to have to make a lot of custom parts. When its done I am hopefully going to be able to make it relatively cheap. as for previous projects there is a long long list mainly drag cars a few sti and wrx owners have came to me for quite a bit of work. if i didnt answer all the question sorry and for the pictures like i said stay posted i am working on the whole thing.
Still waiting on pictures of the finished product.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts