Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who don't know what I am talking about. It's the little black piece that says 2.4L Turbo. Same thing Hector is trying to get designed in aluminum. Anyways,for those of you thinking they may paint it or cut it up some, BE CAREFUL!! I just recently looked at the price of one of these things. My DEALER'S COST is $106.00 a piece! That's not including any mark up or tax! SO BE CAREFUL!

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
powder coating an option ED? :roll: :twisted: :wink:

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
nighcore said:
For those of you who don't know what I am talking about. It's the little black piece that says 2.4L Turbo. Same thing Hector is trying to get designed in aluminum. Anyways,for those of you thinking they may paint it or cut it up some, BE CAREFUL!! I just recently looked at the price of one of these things. My DEALER'S COST is $106.00 a piece! That's not including any mark up or tax! SO BE CAREFUL!
Ha, and im sure the plastic molding company down the road can crank em out for $10 a pop at 100% profit!

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
damn , i already cut mine :cry: hector i need a metal one .. :lol:

·
Registered
739 Posts
My Grandpa is in the powder coating business and last time I checked you could NOT powder coat plastic. The material has to be heated during the process and everyone knows what happens when you heat plastic (If not try putting a GI Joe in the microwave and observe). Plastic is very easy to spray paint if it isn't textured, that would satisfy anyones urge to have their car's scoop match the paint....

BTW, I think Hector is on the right track by making one out of Billet or SS. I would say to have it chromed, but chroming plastic is unbelievably expensive. I learned my lesson when I tried to have my PT's grille chromed....lets just say they wanted almost $400 plus I would have had to order a OEM replacement.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
we are not talking about plastic sir i was reffering to the billet ones Exhaust Depot is developing..please scroll up and re read this entire thread. No rudeness intended :wink:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
7 Participants
Italianmafia03
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing