Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone and anyone whom knows about the sales of cars, please help...

Here is the question:

What are the implications (tax, title) of having somebody else purchase a car for you, and then handing the key right over to you? I can give more details if needed, but that is the jist of it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
What are the implications (tax, title) of having somebody else purchase a car for you, and then handing the key right over to you? I can give more details if needed, but that is the jist of it.~ ACE

You really shouldn't do that. It has to be you the one who will be driving the car everyday. Cause everything has to go in your name, you have to sign a ton of paperwork. Buy order, power of attorney(So they can get your registration and tag for you) financing paperwork, etc, etc. They need copies of your driver license, and proof of full coverage insurance. I took me 6hrs to get my car. First i had to go to my bank and pick up the draft for the car, and then it took the dealer an extra 3hrs for the dealer to close the deal and prep the car.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Crimson

Maybe I should have been a little more specific...

It would be someone buying the car for me, and then I guess technically me buying it from them. I have a friend who is trying to get me a family deal. Since I don't have the same last name, I can't do that obviously. Would it work for me to give him cash, and then for him to buy the car and then me buy it from him? Make any more sense???

Is it difficult to do the taxes and transfer of title at that point?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts