Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See guys after watching Raptor's car dyno and riding in a few SRT4s i feel that you owners should stop and step back for a second. See i realized that like regular neons the mounts are not the best in the world and will eventually cause issues. Im a TD owner and a few of my friend are aswell, those cars didnt come with the greatest mounts thus causing many a broken axles and cv boots. The solution i would propse to you guys who are having mad wheel hop and or have busted mounts (if you havent already) i would strongly suggest going to Poly- mounts all around. There are inserts out there made by Rex for 00+ Neons which will fit SRT but would probably be useless so i would highly recommend you seek these unit from Deyeme Racing. No plug or anything i just feel that the stock mounts will become an issue for those who dont plan to stay stock. So to save broken axles, their expenses and downtime involved please view this link and see what im talkin about.

http://www.deyemeracing.com/products.asp

one SRT owner already has them in use in his Magnum RT Neon and dropped .3 off his ET (16.0 to 15.7) with these mounts so they do work...its a one time deal as opposed to changing many stock mounts, axles and what not...think about i highly highly recommend this be the first mod for those who plan to do a stage 3 SERIOUSLY!

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
totally unrelated to mounts but at the same time wheel hopping from launching with 17-18psi is enough to break something. I say a busted mount upper or lowerr and maybe a busted CV boot. I have a feeling this maybe what will go first in the mystery SRT because of the violent wheel hop and what not. So far so good everything is holding up...progress is being made :wink: 8)

but again remember it is giving signs that something is up...getting a lil vibration coming through like it has a slight misfire but we changed the plugs today. I think the lower mount wants to go....17psi is a hella lot more power than 10-12 but only the dyno will prove me right or wrong. We'll check the mounts and axles out this wek and i'll brief everyone..i think its just me but the car is holding up just well..abuse and all

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
after he gets back from his 10 day cruise :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
NeonDan
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing