Dodge SRT Forum banner

A few quick pictures of the SRT4 with Camaro rims on it

3K views 35 replies 13 participants last post by  1LAPSRT 
#1 ·

And a pic of the AGPTurbo RaceFMIC with some polished end tanks and painted front.

:ninja:

See less See more
#2 ·
What's the thickness on that adaptor? And did you cut off the ends of the stock studs?

I like that the adaptor has a hubcentric lip to it. What's the measurement on it?

#3 ·
evo77 said:
What's the thickness on that adaptor? And did you cut off the ends of the stock studs?

I like that the adaptor has a hubcentric lip to it. What's the measurement on it?
It is a 1" adapter but you can have them made in a variety of differnt thickness.

I took a grinder to the stock studs and ground them back about 1/8"-3/16" just a small amount (just about enough to get rid of the dip in the end of the stud and like a thread or so). Then used open ended lug nuts that sat just a bit under the adapter to hold it in place.

I had it made with upgraded studs as well as not only being hubcentric but then wheel centric(hubcentric to the new rims) to the stock Corvette rims. I forget the exact numbers but if you look up stock GM 5bolt pattern rims for Camaro or Corvette it is set up to be hugcentric to their bore and bolt pattern. I have about 1/4" or maybe a lil more of room behind the wheels all the way around even though I am running the stock negative camber :thumbsup:

#4 ·
Where did you purchase the adaptors from? And what's the offset on that wheel? I would imagine it would have to be pretty high to counter the 1" in spacing from the adaptor.

#8 ·
[vu]juan said:
Why did you do this? Wouldn't it be more cost effective to just purchase a set of aftermarket wheels?
I did this because most of the rims I found that had a good width of around 10" that I wanted were for RWD and not FWD.

I am planning on running about 285 all the way around on the car and might go bigger for DR or Slick set up. There was no way I could do that with what is avalible for FWD that I could find but a ton of stuff for RWD.

And heck getting stock rims from other cars that fit my needs is a lot cheaper then after market ones.

Those 4 rims with the KDW on them(on 700miles on the tires) only cost me $500. And I have seen people letting the 18x10 rims for vettes go for as cheap as like $75 each.

#10 ·
16 X 8
5X120.7
12mmX1.5
that is the rim width, bolt pattern and lug size that I went over to. The offset I belive is a +55 on the rim that is on there I should be able to post up all the information for sure about 5ish tonight when I can go through email more.

#11 ·
tinctorus said:
ehhh i dont like it i always thought those wheels looked like they should be on a micro machine or something else
maybe find another stock wheel that looks better
It was all about the deal I got on them is why I ended up with that set actually:thumbsup:

These will be on the car till I can find what tires I want to use for sure and then I will search out the rims that I will need to fit the tires on after that. And if you think that looks off now wait till you see the during constrution of when I have to start cutting up all the fenders to make the really big wheels fit:rofl:

#13 ·
Why....oh why????

Sometimes I just scratch my head. And wanting to put 285's on a neon??? Umm....
1. That's way to wide for our little neons.
You should say for YOUR little neon it could be just about right overall for mine and what I want
2. It will look gay.
At least I will end up being far enough ahead of most people they will not have to be tramatized by it for long :thumbsup:
3. There are better ways of getting traction.
Only to a certain point then you have to go bigger with your rubber. And really can anyone have to much traction
4. Have you checked how heavy a 285 is?
Depending on the tire it can vary from I think 3-8lbs more per tire than around a 225

#14 ·
RVDSRT4 said:
[vu]juan said:
Why did you do this? Wouldn't it be more cost effective to just purchase a set of aftermarket wheels?
I did this because most of the rims I found that had a good width of around 10" that I wanted were for RWD and not FWD.

I am planning on running about 285 all the way around on the car and might go bigger for DR or Slick set up. There was no way I could do that with what is avalible for FWD that I could find but a ton of stuff for RWD.

And heck getting stock rims from other cars that fit my needs is a lot cheaper then after market ones.

Those 4 rims with the KDW on them(on 700miles on the tires) only cost me $500. And I have seen people letting the 18x10 rims for vettes go for as cheap as like $75 each.

Thanks for the explanation although I'm still not sure why you did it or how well it will work. You will soon realize that the extra money spent on this could have been well invested into other methods or achieving maximum traction that do not necessarily require a wider tire and wheel combination.

Good luck.

#15 · (Edited)
[vu]juan said:
RVDSRT4 said:
[vu]juan said:

Thanks for the explanation although I'm still not sure why you did it or how well it will work. You will soon realize that the extra money spent on this could have been well invested into other methods or achieving maximum traction that do not necessarily require a wider tire and wheel combination.

Good luck.
Thanks for the well wishes :thumbsup:

Also it will make for a lot more fun overall I think. Did you get to look at my list of mod's?

8.8:1 Wiseco pistons .020" overbore with Eagel Rods
Clevite Bearings
Balanced internals
removed balance shafts
Block bored .020" and decked .003"
Darrel Cox Oil Pump, Oil Pickup Tube and Oil Filter Upgrade kit
62mm TB with ported Spacer
Windage Tray with Teflon Crank Scraper from Crank-Scrapers.com
SCE Titan Headgasket from Xtreme Boost
ARP Head Studs
Tsunami External Fuel Pump
SS Braided Fuel line and Return Line -8feed, -6 return
Aeromotive FPR
RC 750cc injectors
Delrin Bushings for LCA's
36 way Adjustable CO's
DSS Stage 3 Axles
Blitz Turbo Timer
3" turbo back exhaust
crane 18 cams
UR cam gears

A huge thank you to AGP for the following:

Motor Mounts
Tranny Mount
CAI
Race FMIC
AEM EMS
Centerforce DF Clutch
UPP with HKS SSQ BOV
50 Trim with .68 A/R full bling
Turbonetics Evolution WGA
Race head:
Five angle valve job with radius, oversized intake 1mm oversized exhaust valves 3mm, complete port and polish on chamber and intake/exhaust ports, upgraded valves/springs/retainers
And a ton of advice and help picking out the right stuff for the job!

Am hoping to get about 425-450 on 93 and close to 500 with meth injection.

O and this is a daily driver as well. Also some times going a bit overkill and being differnt is what it takes to really make a statement.

#19 ·
NoisufnoC said:
what size tires are on the car now? is there any concern about the strength of the stock studs?
Right now the car has 245 KDW mounted on the stock Camaro rims.
The stock studs stick out more than far enough into the adapter plate and are securly bolted. I had these made so they would be hubcentric to fit clean on the SRT and also so that the GM rims would fit the adaptor hubcentric as well.

#21 ·
so the only weak link left would be axels with 500hp and 285 tires right?

+1 for being different ( although id have to grab a different set of wheels lol ). got me thinking about how a set of the GT500 wheels would look. have like 13 sets laying around at work hehehe :eveilgrin

#22 · (Edited)
beyondspexj said:
so the only weak link left would be axels with 500hp and 285 tires right?

+1 for being different ( although id have to grab a different set of wheels lol ). got me thinking about how a set of the GT500 wheels would look. have like 13 sets laying around at work hehehe :eveilgrin
I figure that most people seem to break only the driver side axle and that is usually with slicks on the drag strip. Right now I have the DSS stage3 axles on the car and a spare stock axle that has a lifetime replacement warrenty on it:eveilgrin And I do not mind having to do the work to replace the axle it's like an hour long job is all.

Thank you for the complement on being different. Yeah I am keeping an eye out for either 17x11 or 18x11 rims in a nice clean and simple look.

One thing for sure I don't have to worry about showing up somewhere at the moment and having someone else rocking the same rims as me:thumbsup:

#24 ·
so you guys are to busy being a dick about the wheels you didn't even see his sick ass intercooler:stab: ....

hey man great job for doing your own thinking:thumbsup: when i first saw this post i was like "wtf why would you do that? oh crap that is a sick intercooler" then i read your responses to others post and to me your logic makes perfect sense. keep up the good work screw the lemmings

#26 ·
minicuda said:
so you guys are to busy being a dick about the wheels you didn't even see his sick ass intercooler:stab: ....

hey man great job for doing your own thinking:thumbsup: when i first saw this post i was like "wtf why would you do that? oh crap that is a sick intercooler" then i read your responses to others post and to me your logic makes perfect sense. keep up the good work screw the lemmings
Thank you very much for the complements. :thumbsup:
I learned the hard way that I should follow my gut on things and ever since then I have been having a much better time of things.
Believe it or not AGPTurbo has been the inspiration for all of this. Their help and ideas have allowed me to really go for something that not many if anyone else will end up doing to their SRT4. At least one that is a daily driver.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.