Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a gt3076r turbo setup on my car.. made 354whp @ 19psi... on pump... recently i have been running 22-23 psi with 11.6-11.9 a/f ratio.. i hooked up some alcohol injection and i used a 50/50 mix of meth and water with an m7 nozzle.. it felt like it killed the power.. it went from lighting the tires up in 3rd to no spin at all.. i have an early style aem wideband and it only goes to 11.0:1 a/f.. with the meth and water it goes full rich and stays there clear to redline.. my buddy has an evo makin over 500 whp and he is running denatured alcohol in his.. no water, just strait.. i think i am going to go that route.. but im just wondering where should my a/f be at with that.. 12.0??? or should i stick with the water and meth and trim out my fuel till i get around 11.5, 12.0,12.5??? i dont have any idea..

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Stick with it...lean it out...make sure you have a failsafe.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
By injecting you are going to see your A/F get richer. You are in a sense injecting a secondary fuel. Lean it out a little with more boost or less fuel. You will see your power come back and then some.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
1st is it progressive w/i??
If not you need a smaller nozzle or a way to pull fuel because a M7 is not small especially for a full on setup(not progressive) it will come on and go way rich and kill power. Its easier to tune a progressive setup w/ a larger nozzle and some sort of fuel controll helps also

you shoot for the same A/F as gas, it will just take more alky to make a difference because it has a lower A/F. The gauge will read it the same because it reads lambda thinks your running gasoline.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SpeedEuphoria said:
1st is it progressive w/i??
If not you need a smaller nozzle or a way to pull fuel because a M7 is not small especially for a full on setup(not progressive) it will come on and go way rich and kill power. Its easier to tune a progressive setup w/ a larger nozzle and some sort of fuel controll helps also

you shoot for the same A/F as gas, it will just take more alky to make a difference because it has a lower A/F. The gauge will read it the same because it reads lambda thinks your running gasoline.
Its not progressive.. but i do have an safc2... whats everyones opinion on the strait denatured alcohol or a 50/50 water meth mix..

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
if its going to come on all at once I would use a smaller nozzle, have it come on at higher psi and use a 50/50 mix. Denatured is expensive here ~$14-15 a gallon. I had to drive 30 miles to get Methanol for $3.30 a gallon(only place near me that I could find.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts