Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey does anyone know where the drain tube is on our a/c system??/
i bought a can of this foam that is supposed to get the musty smell from when i used to smoke outta the car
it never bothered me before but now that i dont smoke anymore it smells like shit and i see what non smokers would complain about

·
Registered
8,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RSchyns said:
When I did mine, I took off the wiper arms. Then the plastic cover that covers the wiper motor and linkage.
You will see a large opening by the passenger side. This is where I sprayed my "stuff" in.
It did get rid of the moldy smell, but now my car smells like a waterfall... :jester:
well believe me i would rather have it smell like a waterfall than musty cigarettes
so your saying just spray it down in the opening under the wiper cowl??
if im correct thats also where we get all the leaks from right??

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
if you look below your coolant resevoir(sp), there is a small black tube pointing down. it actually looks like it would be coming out of the bottom of the res, but its coming thru the firewall. The end of that tube is cut at an angle. I will try to get a picture for you if you cant find it.

·
Registered
8,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok cool so i just jack up the passenger side of the car and itll be under the coolant reservoir?
ill do it tommorow im tired of the car smelling like old cigs

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
tinctorus said:
RSchyns said:
When I did mine, I took off the wiper arms. Then the plastic cover that covers the wiper motor and linkage.
You will see a large opening by the passenger side. This is where I sprayed my "stuff" in.
It did get rid of the moldy smell, but now my car smells like a waterfall... :jester:
well believe me i would rather have it smell like a waterfall than musty cigarettes
so your saying just spray it down in the opening under the wiper cowl??
if im correct thats also where we get all the leaks from right??
That is how I did mine,
I did have the AC on High and NOT Recirculating air.
Then by the passengers feet there is an air inlet. I put it on recirculate and sprayed into there also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts