Dodge SRT Forum banner

321 - 328 of 328 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #321
Today I dropped the fuel tank so I could finish redoing the 5/16 to -6 return line on my car that's been in since it got turbo'd. Found out who ever built the spool boy canister used oil drain seals on their mixture of a bulk head and Barb's, but now it has been replaced with a -6 bulk head, PTFE washers, and all stainless braided line front to back.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #322
Had my replacment oil drain line come in from AGP. I'm glad that I decided to replace it though because after I got the old one out I found out my line had been cracked and who knows how long it's been like that.

Also beings the season is here I got the body kit all cleaned up and refitted on the car. After the kit was all fitted I loaded the car up.

The reason for loading the car up was I took it to a buddies shop so he could make up a new cold side pipe, but he ended up redoing all my charge pipes on the car. Now the car is all finished up and reassembled. Next she needs a wash and to be driven.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
If something ever happens to my srt-4 i'm buying a 1gn to swap the parts into and your car will be its inspiration....

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #324
Well today was an unfortunate one I ran into a slight issue on my way home from work I was cruising the car popped and jolted killing the engine. I sat and waited for a tow home in the mean time I attempted to start the car which it wasn't too happy about and smoked like no other.

After I got the car home I dug into it a little exhaust fumes whisping out of the valve cover vent, removed the valve cover, found it dropped a exhaust valve due to a broken valve spring, and a big puddle of oil out the exhaust.

With the way my time is looking for this year and next year she is going to sit for 2 years.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
Damn. How many miles would you say are on those springs? Any clues as to while it broke?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Well today was an unfortunate one I ran into a slight issue on my way home from work I was cruising the car popped and jolted killing the engine. I sat and waited for a tow home in the mean time I attempted to start the car which it wasn't too happy about and smoked like no other.

After I got the car home I dug into it a little exhaust fumes whisping out of the valve cover vent, removed the valve cover, found it dropped a exhaust valve due to a broken valve spring, and a big puddle of oil out the exhaust.

With the way my time is looking for this year and next year she is going to sit for 2 years.

ive got the valve tools if you need to borrow them

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
So sorry to see this after all the hard work and time you spent on this.
I used to have a 94 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the 318 "LA" engine.
I bought it because it was supposed to be a reliable engine.
But at around 75K miles, a valve spring broke and it dropped a valve, just like yours.
I was going to replace the holed motor but decided that $5000 was too expensive.
So I donated it to a Catholic Church charity and received a $3500 tax credit.
But that idea probably won't work now with the all-but-gone current tax deductions.
I've been Leary about Jeeps (Chrysler) ever since although I did buy the SRT-4 a few years later.
No idea why the valve spring took a shit - the vehicle had always been babied with oil changes every 3K.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #328
ive got the valve tools if you need to borrow them

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Sounds good, I'll let you know. Not entirely sure what the plans are for the car yet. If I can't find a good short block or long block it'll be sitting till 2022.

321 - 328 of 328 Posts