Dodge SRT Forum banner

301 - 312 of 312 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #301 (Edited)
Well I have been a hair behind here on the SRT page but the end of January I decided I was going to have the 1g ready to drive down to GA on February 21st. Needless to say the car was no where near ready the transmission was disassembled, engine was disassembled, and I was working on some of the wiring in the car.

I had also cut the barbs off the oem SRT lines and welded them shut due to not running a water cooled turbo and I also fixed my bobble strut mount and reinforced it to prevent future tearing of the metal.

I stalled a DCR Steel Pivot ball after sending the brass ball back in for warranty.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #302
I had the car completely reassembled and running on February 15th and ready for the road trip to Fort Stewart. On my travels to GA I blew my transmission out in Paducah, KY while it was raining and went to a local u pull for the replacement and had it swapped the next day in the hotel parking lot.

Now I have been sitting in GA for the last 3 weeks and I'll still be here for another 3 before I drive the car back up to MN

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #307
I think you meant you needed to get it running for the feb 21, not april 21 trip down to GA. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Correct and fixed.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #308
Also, no fuel, oil pressure and check engine lights are on? Lol more wiring that needs to be done?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Fuel gauge is backwards due to running the 1g fuel canister on the SRT swap, oil pressure is a hit or miss faulty pressure switch, and check engine light is for up stream O2 heater circuit.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #310
The car did end up making it back home from GA just fine and when I got home I had a package waiting with my new injector cover, coil cover, and fuse box plate so I got those all installed.

I ended up going back to GA for another 5 weeks to attend my ALC Course which is where I drew up plans for a new battery tray. I ended up about $20 bucks in materials and then about 2.5 hours measuring, bending, and welding up my own small battery tray to mount behind the bumper. This allowed me to remove my battery from the trunk of the car and pull all the 0 gauge wires out as well. I am still going to either paint the tray or spray under coating on it. Starting to get the car ready to go out to Michigan next week for N2K19.

·
Super Moderator
15,609 Posts
Are you going to completely seal the battery to avoid issues with rain water, or just entirely avoid the rain? That close proximity to the tire I would think could lead to a LOT of water even with the splash guard?

301 - 312 of 312 Posts
About this Discussion
311 Replies
40 Participants
RTShadow
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing