Dodge SRT Forum banner

281 - 300 of 329 Posts

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
FYI the 4th gear bearing has been discontinued!! Tried to order one from Modern Performance and they do not have any. So what's out there now is it!!!

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
So what's going to happen when we run out of parts? Guess we have to RWD convert our cars and go 4L65E or T56 oooorrrr TH200R4 out of the Grand National!!!????

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #285
I hope to at least have some spare parts somewhere

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #288
It is but unfortunately I don't use the t850 in my builds so there are 5-6 t350 trans in my garage. Need to start going to u pull r parts and pull more of them.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #290
Only ever seen one SRT in our u pulls up here let's just say it didn't last long I basically stripped most of it for another car I'm going to be building. The SRT was only there for half a day before I got there.

But before I could get there the items gone from the half day it had been there were wheels, bumpers, intake manifold, transmission, kicker speakers, and sub.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #292
I guess I'm not sure what you mean by the back seat being the same as a regular neon.

Finally took the RT red squiggle seat out of the rear and replaced it with the SRT seat, also swapped out the viper inspired passenger seat for the Fatboy seat. The wife likes it much better.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #294
I meant for 2003-5, I always thought that, aside from the commemorative, the rear seats were the same across the board?
Nope base model I believe we're all fabric single color in variation and the SRT-4 had the leather fabric mix.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #295
More goodies to get this car where I want it to be again. They are used, but I bought a full set of eagle rods, with the ARP hardware for the same price I would've purchased 1 new eagle rod and hardware for. Now to take all my JE pistons and swap them to these rods or just swap my one rod with the spun bearing out.

Now to just decide on what bearings to go with once I hear back from the machine shop on the crank I dropped off. Then take the block in for cleaning. Then to finlly start reassembly of the .020 bored block. I took the whole month of November off work and don't go back till the first week of December I'm hoping to get some work done on this.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #297
Also decided to go through my notes of transmissions on the shelf to see what I had, I happened to find another T350HD 3.55 with .81 5th gear to inspect, modify, and assembly. But in all reality I didn't know I was working on a 3.55 gearset until I was done with it and decided to look at the data plate. Got the gear sets done and reassembled. And got the Quaife LSD set into the case halves, just need to get dial indicator gauge so I can work in shimming the bearing cups and setting the preload.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #298
Well had a new addition born this week so haven't gotten much work done.

But did spend some time out there tonight. Finally getting around to actually disassembling my .020 over bore block in preparation to take it to the machine shop, finding so much bearing material through out the motor and in the main bearings, then decided to disassemble my "DCR" oil pump and compare it to a 228k mile stocker, and finding the pump housing has marks from bearing material running through it. I guess in my eyes I'm glad it didn't destroy more inside the motor making the block, the head, or the cams unusable. But in future use I'll never use that DCR High Flow oil pick up again atleast with out getting it modified to fit the OEM low pick up head with a screen on it.

281 - 300 of 329 Posts