Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 329 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had this project done for some time. and I went through the intial build and then eventually another motor rebuild on it. and now it sits with a junk motor again.

But there are more plans in the stove for after deployment.

Old look with the N/A motor

This is the old motor 2.4L Stratus swap

97 Stratus Block with SRT internals and 05 SRT head

After motor completion

Installed

All Wired up

Inter-cooler Install

Still more pictures to come. but what do you guys think.

It was still running on the 97 Computer

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Had a couple people look at the thread but no replies. so i will post more upgrades that i have done to the car

Out with the old and in with the new

Also pictures from same time as changing suspension and adding SRT rims

These next pictures are things that will be going into my car when i get back from deployment.

Another true SRT motor

A full SRT swap on electrical

And an upgraded turbo

·
Registered
328 Posts
Nice build, What turbo did you upgrade to

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Awesome work man! I started buying parts to do the swap last year but ended up buying an srt instead.

I bet this thing pulls, I've seen quite a few srt swapped 1gns run 11s with just a bone stock srt motor and slicks.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the turbo is a prototype. its called the S3k its the stock turbo with a 20g wheel inside of it.

yeah it is but i never got all the kinks out of it on the stock ECU

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is a video of the car running the day after i finished it.
A/F ratio was off cause it was running the stock 1g ECU, no FMU, and the Map sensor was broken.
Also turbo didn't surge/blow off correctly because i had so Vacuum lines hooked up wrong

1997ne0n's Channel - YouTube

·
Registered
319 Posts
i was readign the s3k with the 20g compressor wheel had issues too small of a turbine? i know the 18g compressor and 16g versions worked fine tho

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
the guy i bought it from said he had no problems with it but either way if i do end up having problems with it i have 5 stock SRT turbos sitting at my house that work fine. so i am sure i can sell them and always get a different one.

video of turbo in previous owners car. wish there was more video of it though.

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
the guy i bought it from said he had no problems with it but either way if i do end up having problems with it i have 5 stock SRT turbos sitting at my house that work fine. so i am sure i can sell them and always get a different one.
yeah i just seen on the org, where you bought it from.....you might wanna contact mole on here, he use to work for the guy that had them built

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah mole contacted me on the org and warned me already

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
been thinking about doing an SRT front end modification to the car as well but i am not to sure yet. i have all the parts minus the hood and headlights.

i know i don't have a coupe and its kinda point less but oh well.

have bumper and all other parts sitting at my house.
other wise if i get a good offer on the SRT front end i will sell it.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will be back state side in about 45 days with boots in MN. Can't wait to get started on this thing.

Still open for offers on the SRT front end. everything is there except for the hood and the headlights.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
when i get back from Kuwait i will be starting work on the car then there will be more photos posted. but for now there is nothing. just thinking about getting a DSP for it right now

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Debating on still doing the SRT front end swap this is all the parts i have and if the swap doesn't happen they will be getting sold.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
will be purchasing a DiabloSport Trinity here shortly so that will be able to tune my car.

I will also buying some bigger injectors i would rather be rich and cut the fuel flow down rather than maxing my injectors and running lean when i get the car running

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I did not install the SRT 4 front end so if anyone wants the whole thing for a salvaged car let me know and maybe we can make a deal

Other than that here is a couple updates. the car is completely finished already so i will post a couple pictures at a time with a description as time progress'

The car coming out of storage one more time

All washed up about to get put into the garage for work

Next will be pictures of the dash and all the wiring coming out

All the engine bay wiring coming out

And finally no more 1g wiring in the car

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Removed the Fender and bumper. Drivers fender needed to be replaced anyways.

Removed the intercooler and piping with inrentions of installing a stock SRT intercooler

All hooked up and ready to come out

And the junk motor on the ground still not sure what happened to it. will be selling part off it and the motor that i will be installing

Now i can start to do the SRT parts install and i started with installing the body harness

Next i started to install all interior dash harness

1 - 20 of 329 Posts