Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't understand one thing...if your racing why wouldnt you WOT? Maybe i have the wrong understanding of WOT but doesnt it mean shifting and flooring right away? If im right, how else would u race besides WOT?

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Maybe you mean power-shifting?? Its basically where you don't let off the gas and blip the clutch to get it into the next gear whereby keeping the maximum level of boost. Some do it, some don't. I'm waiting to see how the tranny holds up in a year or two with people doing this.

·
Registered
388 Posts
good question and the tranni deal, i had a 00 neon and i power-shifted when i raced and the trani held up perfectly fine, but my clutch was starting to get a little weak.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no i dont mean power shifting...ive just heard some people say half open throttle shifting during races..what does that mean and why would u do it?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I dunno if this helps but I'll give it a shot. I think what you're getting at is that some people, in between shifts, do not let off the gas. However, they don't remain at WOT either (WOT is literally translated as: wide open throttle. Which means...pedal to the floor). This is actually, and most commonly called power shifting (as apposed to quick shifting where your foot isn't on the gas between shifts), but might be bein called somethin else by the people you're talkin to. I don't see why anyone wouldn't be at WOT during a race (or at least while in gear).Why keep ur foot *slightly* on the gas in between shifts? Well...it keeps the rpm's up, that's the original purpose for it if I'm not mistaken.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.