Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My father and I worked on this for 8 years. We would go to every swap meet to look for parts. We only used original ford parts. Took a very long time to find everything but we did.
Every nut and bolt was cleaned and painted. All the original markings were put back on the car. The chassis underneth is clean as the body.
Lot of work was put into this car. So I need to show it off

I just cleaned it today for it's first show tomorrow.

edit: it's a 1971 Mustang Mach1 429 cobra jet ram air. Has a/c, ps, auto, am/fm stereo, sport suspension, the motor was lighty built, and it's one rare car.

Here's a few pics and here is the rest. Let me know what you think
http://photobucket.com/albums/v492/SRTTURBO/1971 Mustang/





 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,015 Posts
:druel: :banasex0r :thumbsup:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,830 Posts
WOW!!!!!!! I am in awe. That is an amazing job. Great work!!!!!! I know how hard those parts can be, with the 68 cougar and all. Which is not even really started yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Wow! You guys did one hell of a job on that car....the 8 years of hard work and waiting has definitely paid off. That car is beautiful!!!! :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,126 Posts
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: swweeeettttt !!!!!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
739 Posts
That is one gorgeous 'stang!!!

Congrats on finishing her for now. One thing that I have learned is that projects like that are never "DONE." My dad and I are constantly working on something somewhere, it helps keep us close and the time we spend together is the most rewarding part...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Italianmafia03 said:
That is one gorgeous 'stang!!!

Congrats on finishing her for now. One thing that I have learned is that projects like that are never "DONE." My dad and I are constantly working on something somewhere, it helps keep us close and the time we spend together is the most rewarding part...
Thanks guys. Makes me feel like all the hard work paid off. :clap:

yea it's never going to be 100% complete. There is still many things that could be done :)

were done with it though. time to start the next project :) 72 cuda 340 auto. another rare car. It's my sisters, my dad gave it to her for graduation. It's been sitting there for about 7-8 years :)


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll try to get some before pics of the mach 1 scanned and put up tomorrow.

You will see what a mess it was when we started :)

thing was rusted all over.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
FrequencyOmen said:
Do you have any more rare cars just sitting around?

haha :)

I used to own and was restoring a 70 mach1 fastback 351c auto. Really nice but it was going to be to much work. alot of frame rot. So i ended up selling it. I would love to buy another. Such a good looking car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,250 Posts
What, no european exotics in a barn? I'm disappointed :D

Oh, I forgot to say nice work on that Mustang before the $8 offer, so Nice work!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,694 Posts
nd4spd 4 a srt4 said:
edit: it's a 1971 Mustang Mach1 429 cobra jet ram air. Has a/c, ps, auto, am/fm stereo, sport suspension, the motor was lighty built, and it's one rare car.
Definitely rare with the 429 CJ in it. Beautiful car!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,943 Posts
nd4spd 4 a srt4 said:
Thanks guys. Makes me feel like all the hard work paid off. :clap:

yea it's never going to be 100% complete. There is still many things that could be done :)

were done with it though. time to start the next project :) 72 cuda 340 auto. another rare car. It's my sisters, my dad gave it to her for graduation. It's been sitting there for about 7-8 years :)



I don't see how you are ever going to fix all that rott. That thing is in bad shape.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The mustang was worse :)

anything can be fixed. They sell new sheet metal. Just need to cut out the old and weld in the new or just patch it.

That car i don't think will ever get fixed. Maybe one day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Man that car is BEAUTIFULL definately work to be proud of ....and the fact you did it with your dad .........that s the shiz
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top