Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that a 3/8 pipe is used to block off the coolant line on the block, but what about on the coolant pipe. Big vacuum cap and a clamp or fit a pipe plug in it and seal it with some cold weld?

The turbo I think is 1/8-1/8. Searched once and found the chart with the fittings but I can't seem to find it anymore.

Thanks!! Jason

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
If you bought an AGP kit it should have came with an aluminum plug and clamp for the coolant feed. You can use a rubber stop plug if you can find one and just simply clamp it.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did not get a AGP kit. I got a stainless manifold and a "different" turbo. Pics and a write up will be soon.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
jasonsrt4 said:
I know that a 3/8 pipe is used to block off the coolant line on the block, but what about on the coolant pipe. Big vacuum cap and a clamp or fit a pipe plug in it and seal it with some cold weld?

The turbo I think is 1/8-1/8. Searched once and found the chart with the fittings but I can't seem to find it anymore.

Thanks!! Jason
is the 50 trim you received from AGP the Turbonetics CHRA with the coolant ports? If so, why not just run coolant lines?

Here are the parts you'll need

1) SUM-220648 -6AN -> 3/8 NPT Straight Fitting (coolant return port to the block - 2.95$)
1) RUS-670300 -6AN -> 3/8 Barb Straight (coolant feed port from heater hose - 7.39$ )
2) AER-FBM2620 -6 AN -> 3/8 NPT 90 Degree Fitting (one for the coolant feed, and one for coolant return - 5.69$)
1) 14" Foot -6 AN SS Line w/ One straight hose end, and the other 90 degree (coolant feed to the turbo - couple of bucks, check your local hose shop)
1) 12" Foot -6 AN SS Line w/ Straight Hose Ends (coolant return to the block from the turbo - couple of bucks, check your local hose shop)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts