Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 312 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's been close but not quite a year now since I have owned her, but I thought I would start up a build thread anyway.

History:
I'm 21 now, and have always been a car/motorcycle enthusiast. In 2003 when I was first getting my lisence, 2fast2furious just came out, and the first year for the SRT-4 (duh), all these things lines up and I just remembered these cars from the first time I heard of them.

Fast forward a few years, I had stayed a car enthusiast and became a mechanic. I got a job at a Dodge dealership and became an apprentice. I was working at first as a Quick Lube tech at night while I went through Comminity college. One day I remember seeing this black SRT-4 come in, it was in for an electrical problem and got the battery replaced. Chrome 18's as well, and a tarnished engine bay.

Another fast forward about 1 1/2 years. I was still working as an apprentice and this same exact car came in. It was at the dealership for about 4-6 months, and they were having a hard time selling it. (buyers with no money, or couldn't get insurance) I just blew up my first gen Neon that I owned for a year. All the stars lined up, and I was about to bring it home!

First day: I called up my friends and drove the piss out of it. 600 kilometers in 1 day and 1 night. This is the next day taking my girlfriend out to Coras

The chrome was pitted bad, and the tires weren't really sticky, so they were the first thing on my list to get rid of.
And a pic of her meeting my other girl.

Little later on I tossed it on the dyno.

I made 231WHP and 241WTRQ with borla and K&N intake, just how I bought it... I also did this at a Honda Car show, lol.
I wasn't laughing for long though, because a 450 HP integra was up right after me.

Got rid of the rims! Found a local with these on a Jetta. Gave him 300 bucks and my 18's.
17' Fast Stagg

Drove it for a bit, and it snowed.

And I bought this.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Over the winter I had some things planned. I bought CLK tail lights to replace the already aftermarket ones, and upon getting my car out of storage, painted the headlight housings black. I also bought an AEM Wideband, 3in catted DP, and a Maxxfab 3in 02 housing, modified the existing borla exhaust, and added an Forward Motion WGA, along with the almost didn't buy DiabloSport. Still waiting on my tune from Turbo666. Also had the factory turbo replaced under warrenty.

I wasn't really happy with the wheel I had, even though I liked the look. I just didn't really like the wheel. A local I met just by having the same car, was selling his SRT wheels. I never had the originals, and these were polished, so I picked them up. Also painted my valve cover and injector cover within the same weekend. Valve cover painting party with my friends Prelude.

The other set of wheels I bought for a High Performance driving school coming up at a local race track. I wanted a set of tires so I didn't wreck the ones on the SRT wheels. These ones were in rough shape. They were a chrome peeling powder coating sorta thing. I sanded them down, and painted them gold. I looked to the forums for advice. (Pic before selling black wheels)
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f136/need-help-choosing-wheels-508787/

A surprise of an opportunity I was able to lower my car finally on an eibach pro kit, with brand new factory struts. I am very pleased with them. I had those installed, and the gold wheels at the same time. That same day I had to go take some pics.

On may 18th I took the car to the High performance driving school at AMP. I have a post with pics and a vid about it here:
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f41/pics-atlantic-motorsport-park-nova-scotia-canada-513440/

That brings us to today. Just a day to take a cruise to Peggy`s Cove with the girlfriend.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I really felt like I have done a lot to this car till I made up this thread, lol.

·
Registered
485 Posts
great looking car goood job man

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do say Eh...lol

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I entered my car in a local radio station contest to win 2000 dollars worth of car audio. I had to send in a picture and get votes on it. Maybe if I can get into the top three I will post all the pics you want. Here's the link, I used this image. Hot Ride number 19!!!

Welcome to Z103.5 The Beat of Halifax

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Entered her in our first real car show. The prizes were luck of the draw and I still didn't win anything.

Replaced my first attempt at black housing headlights with another set I painted. Getting the headlights was a huge pain, but now I finally have a decent looking set. Added eyelids and HID's.

Also added the Godspeed BFMIC, and tinted side markers. Gold wheels have been sent for powdercoating, hope to have them back this weekend.

Finished getting my tune from Turbo666, I thought he did an awesome job. Very fast and professional. My car is running strong and safe now. Dyno'd at 264WHP and 28?WTRQ on 91oct and no fan on my intercooler. All stock fuel mods.

·
SRTForums Member, 2011 Calendar Car, SRT of the Mo
7,865 Posts
car is coming along good man!
lookin good
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Almost brings a tear to my eye...

Today we celebrated her 100,000K mark. Had to take a picture while driving.

I surprised her this morning to by installing a full Energy Suspensions polyurethane bushing kit, an oil change, and a fresh inspection.

Gotta say, with all the front bushings worn in my car, this new bushing kit really tightens it up. It doesn't feel like it wanders in corners as much, and I swear there is less tire howl.

1 - 20 of 312 Posts