Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what the local dealership is telling me, and they're the only ones selling them in town. How long before this will go away you think? I refuse to pay $25,000 for an SRT-4.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
tell them that you can order any color from Cali or FL and still make out way less than what they are asking....

·
Registered
14 Posts
wizurd of awwz:
I hear you on that one. Here in CT went to look at one the other day: 5K mark up. Not for nothin but come on... for that price give me the limited slip diff. and lowering springs w/camber adjustment. The reason I'm told it's the only one in the state and it's a limited addition run. Where's the $19,995?

No test drive because it was sold. I bought my GLH sight unseen but I would have liked to test drive one before I buy one. Looking at it is not the same as driving it. But it looked nice in the show room, sat in it, looked under the car and under the hood.

Only way to test drive it is to put your name on the list with a deposit and when the car comes in you get to drive it before ya buy it.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Once again for any of the newbies that may not have been here when we kicked this around the first time...

Don't pay over sticker!!!

It's all supply and demand. If you are willing to pay a markup, they will have no qualms about taking your money. If everyone refuses to pay over sticker, the dealers will have no choice but to drop the price. Don't get screwed...and don't make it harder for the other enthusiasts by paying a markup!!!

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
It's alot cheaper to take a flight to Florida or Cali to pick up one than pay 5000 over MSRP. It looks like N. Florida cities might be getting them in the next few weeks. I'd make some calls before even considering anything over MSRP.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Thats so true, If only I didn't have a damn trade in, with a crap value :cry: It's ok, I like the fact I got the last SRT in the batch 8)

·
Registered
63 Posts
If you can't get to FL I'm paying $925.00 to have one trucked up from S. FL
$925 vice $5000 the choice is yours. :?

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
dont come to j-ville to get them every dealership is marking the first ones up 5000 too...........the only reason i am getting mine for msrp/invoice(not sure which yet) is becasue i work there. not sure if this is becasue they are the first ones in town or what. if you do decide to come to j-ville to get one, go to west side dodge and ask for joe cannon, tell him nick sent you and he will try and work something out for you.

·
Premium Member
6,649 Posts
X-SDAC-M said:
wizurd of awwz:
I hear you on that one. Here in CT went to look at one the other day: 5K mark up. Not for nothin but come on... for that price give me the limited slip diff. and lowering springs w/camber adjustment. The reason I'm told it's the only one in the state and it's a limited addition run. Where's the $19,995?

No test drive because it was sold. I bought my GLH sight unseen but I would have liked to test drive one before I buy one. Looking at it is not the same as driving it. But it looked nice in the show room, sat in it, looked under the car and under the hood.

Only way to test drive it is to put your name on the list with a deposit and when the car comes in you get to drive it before ya buy it.
Both of the cars that Courtnye Dodge has sold have been at MSRP! Tell them you want it too or go somewhere else. They did it once they will do it again. Good Luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Originally posted by gdflys:
Both of the cars that Courtnye Dodge has sold have been at MSRP! Tell them you want it too or go somewhere else. They did it once they will do it again. Good Luck.
Now that's very interesting. I spoke w/sales mgr there I told him I'm looking at possible purchase in a couple of months after I graduate college. He wasn't pushing, didn't have to and he was cool about it. Said they were only getting 3. So their only getting 1 more. Unless they get into a trade with another dealership, thats how I got my GLH turbo.

Sales mgr said that he had a customer who was a pilot that wanted and SRT-4. He went down to FL to get it.

Later

·
Premium Member
6,649 Posts
X-SDAC-M said:
Now that's very interesting. I spoke w/sales mgr there I told him I'm looking at possible purchase in a couple of months after I graduate college. He wasn't pushing, didn't have to and he was cool about it. Said they were only getting 3. So their only getting 1 more. Unless they get into a trade with another dealership, thats how I got my GLH turbo.

Sales mgr said that he had a customer who was a pilot that wanted and SRT-4. He went down to FL to get it.

Later
That would be me :twisted:

·
Registered
14 Posts
That would be me
That would be you as the buyer of that silver car or the sales mgr?

I notice in your sig that the car is silver so I would deduct that you're the buyer. If that's the case then sweet car. I didn't track mud or have a leaky pen when I sat in it. :) So you didn't pay the $5K over MSRP?

Let us know how it drives.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Straight Sticker

My dealer just got 8 black-2 red-one silver and currently has 2 yellow for MSRP no adjustment. Central Florida.....

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
what dealership in CT? i have been through all of them (I thought) and no one has an SRT that I knopw of. Even if one does, I'm with you! No way would i pay $25K for the car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
CJ - There's only one SRT dealership in CT and that's Courtnye Dodge in Watertown.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
yup and i just talked to them. they confirmed only 1 silver one on the lot and it is going for $5000 over msrp. i told them i would be calling dodge to report their price gouging, they said dodge gave thewm the ok to do it. i also asked "so what happened to the fastest car for under $20k?' the answer, "it's still really fast". it was then that i hung up on him.

·
Premium Member
6,649 Posts
That would be me

Neither I'm the pilot that flew down to Florida to get mine, couldn't wait. So yes I have a silver one but not that one. :lol: I gave the buyer of the one you sat in a ride a few weeks ago he was second on the list after me.
I paid MSRP in FL and so did the guy who bought that one at courtney, and the guy buying the next one from Courtney got it for MSRP as well but we all had deposits down for MSRP before they got them. You still should be able to get it for MSRP from there I would think. $5,000 over is for the slower crowd :oops:

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
If you can't get one up there for MSRP, come on down and get one in florida. You can stay at my place if you need to.. :D

The dealers shouldn't be jacking up the prices like that, but according to DCX they can set their own price since they are independent dealers.

We've got several dealers here in Tampa that have them, and they are going for MSRP

·
Registered
161 Posts
Same problem in Jacksonville area! Went to look at a silver and red SRT4 each at different dealers today. Silver was marked up $5k and the red $3k. I told each dealer to stick it up their @ss. I'm going to travel to South Florida to get it for MSRP or less!

·
Registered
726 Posts
RaptorRed said:
If you can't get one up there for MSRP, come on down and get one in florida. You can stay at my place if you need to.. :D

You are one cool dude Raptor...rolling out the red carpet and putting up the welcome sign for a travel-weary enthusiast. Very hospitable of you! :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts