Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I currently have a setup that’s good for around 380-400whp, I’m looking to get 450 safely on a stock motor.

My Current Setup:
FID 1000cc Injectors
Turbobay BWS
ACT 6 Puck Clutch
All 4 Solid Mounts
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
BC Coilovers
Full 3” Exhaust
3” o2 Housing
Big Front Mount Intercooler
Retrofit Headlights
MPX Oil Catch Can
AGP Wastegate Actuator
JMB Intake
AEM Wideband
Walbro 250 Fuel Pump

With this being said, I’m asking for upgraded turbo suggestions to be able to get 450whp on pump gas or E85 it doesn’t matter, I have both in my area.

·
Registered
2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think you'll be able to get that with a BWS alone. Either go with a bigger turbo or plan to add nitrous.
Yes I know I can’t get it with the BWS, I’m asking for upgraded turbo suggestions.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would bet e85, 3in. Elbow on stock exhaust manifold would get close to 425 with quick spool up.

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
to me 25 or so hp. For the couple grand more is not worth it.
even if your numbers are correct, peak HP numbers only tell a small part of the whole story. I'd take a larger slower spooling turbo that makes power all the way to redline over a fast spool turbo that runs out of breath way before redline any day of the week.

·
Registered
2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All I’m asking for is a turbo that’s good for 450whp for the street. I don’t plan on making it a track car, just something fun to drive on the weekends. I’m already on E85 with my current setup on the BWS but I just want a bigger turbo so I can turn it up if I choose to.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I mentioned one above

That said, there are a shit ton of turbos that can make that.. have you looked at modern, agp, precision websites? They all have hp ratings

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
i'm a fan of borg warner turbos... check out the S252 options.

·
Registered
125 Posts

1 - 13 of 13 Posts