Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Dodge Neon Srt 4 Stage 1
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from 4th down shifting to 3rd the gear pops out then i put it in again and it doesnt pop it back out but its only when i down shift anyone know what it can be? i feel like i fix something and weeks something else happens...

·
Premium Member
4,052 Posts
mine does the same thing. i've learned to pull my hand off the shifter when i let the clutch out in case it kicks it out of gear. Usually you can blip the throttle a little and it'll rev match and go in and stay in gear.

This is usually a tell tale sign of the 3/4 shift for being worn or damaged. It is very common. You can find upgraded versions from a few different shops. Or as a bandaid temporary fix you can try adding a 1/3/5 gear shift extender.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how can i fix it tho? like is it a part i can buy? if i do a bandaid i feel likes going to make something else worse.
i fix something then something else comes up, but im still not letting go of my srt-4

im in 4th down shift to third and it pops out then i put it in once more an my Rpms are little lower and it goes in like nothing. so what can i do just to not have that happening?

·
Premium Member
4,052 Posts
There are upgraded 3/4 shift forks. Look up performance autowerks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
let me look it up and order it so i wotn have that problem thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts