Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been here much in years, but was a very active member racing my 05 when these cars were still new. Part of what grew my interest in the platform was the SPEED World Challenge effort in 2006 by 3R Racing backed by Dodge Motorsports. They built two cars from bodies in white. SRT Forums actually sponsored the #67 car driven by Robb Holland. Last weekend I purchased the #66 car (the first one built at 3R) originally driven by Dan Aweida and I figured some of the older members may enjoy seeing it again. The car only competed on a professional level that first season, but continued to be on track with various owners through 2016 when it won the WCMA ST3 class Championship in British Columbia with Jeff Taylor at the wheel.

For those who aren't familiar with these cars, they were highly developed professional race cars with a build cost including parts and labor in excess of $200,000 back in 2005. There are a number of custom suspension pieces which 3R Racing fabricated to improve the geometry and overall handling. The original setup notes on the car say its weighs 2450 pounds without fuel and used a Stage 3R turbo on a sealed factory engine (by rule). The power was restricted by the series to level the playing field with the competition, but the car is currently running unrestricted. Its last dyno was years ago but at the time it made 330 whp, 380 tq. It rides on Moton 3-way adjustable dampers, has AP Racing air jacks and uses the factory S3 computer, but with an extensive data acquisition package and dash from MoTeC. The car needs some work from sitting for the last 5 years, but hopefully I can get it back on track by next season.

If any of the original members are still out there, I still have my 05 which finally eclipsed 20,000 miles. It has hundreds of passes on it, but I actually haven't raced it for years after I got into road racing.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Great to see the car

.og

·
Premium Member
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes it was! It went from him to another gentleman in Florida, then up to Canada, then to Minnesota for 5 years and now with my family.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I would go over to David's shop to look at the car. Back in the day besides owning the SRT-4 he had two vipers.

·
Premium Member
4,768 Posts
Didnt one of these cars get stolen at some point?

·
Premium Member
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice, i wondered what happened to those cars. Wheres the blue one?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
The blue car was originally the #67 SRT red/white car and it sold on Bring a Trailer for just $10,500 in 2019. Granted that car had a few hard wrecks over the years and it hadn't been run since 2008 so it was going to need a lot of work, but still wild considering what they cost to build.

·
Premium Member
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would go over to David's shop to look at the car. Back in the day besides owning the SRT-4 he had two vipers.
It's funny how many ties there are between those two communities. I ended up with a Viper too.

·
Premium Member
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Didnt one of these cars get stolen at some point?
Actually it was two cars when in 2007 Hal Brown's Sorted Performance hauler was stolen. I don't recall if those two cars were converted street cars or build from BIW like the first two from 3R. I also don't remember if Hal built them or if another shop did the work.

Bob Woodhouse also ran a car in 2006 and it still exists today.

·
Super Moderator
15,928 Posts
Actually it was two cars when in 2007 Hal Brown's Sorted Performance hauler was stolen. I don't recall if those two cars were converted street cars or build from BIW like the first two from 3R. I also don't remember if Hal built them or if another shop did the work.
I'm glad I read at the end here, I almost posted without doing so haha. I was thinking the same thing as gump, I always thought it was the two cars in that top picture. Did they ever find anything? I think we were talking about it a year or two ago on here because there was never any closure to that story.

Bob Woodhouse also ran a car in 2006 and it still exists today.
Old man Bob from Woodhouse in Blair? I can't imagine he still owns it, does he? That's just north of me by about 20 minutes, back when my car was under warranty I used to take it to Woodhouse.

·
Premium Member
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm glad I read at the end here, I almost posted without doing so haha. I was thinking the same thing as gump, I always thought it was the two cars in that top picture. Did they ever find anything? I think we were talking about it a year or two ago on here because there was never any closure to that story.

Old man Bob from Woodhouse in Blair? I can't imagine he still owns it, does he? That's just north of me by about 20 minutes, back when my car was under warranty I used to take it to Woodhouse.
I'm not aware of any resolution to that case.

Yes, same Bob Woodhouse. He still owns his Comp Coupe, but not the Neon. Coincidentally I purchased my Viper from the lead salesman at his dealership. It was his personal car. Both he and Bob have been great to know over the last few years.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts