Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
if you can drive you should take him...you'll pull him top end, so the longer the race goes the better your chances....but to find you just race...its all in fun

·
Registered
972 Posts
Fisticuffs said:
Looks like they'd need a turbo or supercharger kit to even think about coming close to your trap speed.
Actually even more than that :)
I was talking about off the bottle, I still trap 111-112 on the stock turbo on pump gas...GreddyTT 350z traps 110-114 I think on race gas tune through emanage. I usually ride around w/ 110oct unleaded :thumbsup:
They actually are a very good race for a stock SRT-4, a drivers race really. I'd hate for people on this board to get a bad idea by thinking that they're slow. Misinformation is the mutha of most fukups.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
ive seen one fish tail burn out off the line when I just dipped wasnt ready behind him. and damn that thing left some badass tire marks but yeh they pull hard till you start catching up..

·
Registered
292 Posts
bone stock the srt-4 has slight advangtage my dad has an 03 performace pack. with 18' chrome rims (and injen cai) bought my 4 bout 1000-2000 miles later (i travel a lot) we finally got to racing i took him off the line cause he spun and wasn't watching the light but i think i toped 90 in 3'rd then let off he was maybe a car length back (traction control was off at the time in the 350, i think)

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Stock vs stock a decently driven SRT-4 will pull of the win everytime. Realistically, the SRT-4 traps higher so the only question is, if you fall behind, how long will it take to catch a 350Z. I beat a G35 convincingly when I was stock. I had owned my SRT-4 all of a month leading up to that "driver's race". A short time later I raced a 350Z with a true dual exhaust right after I installed the stage one chip. My 260lb fat friend passenger was in the car yelling the whole time. Once I hit second gear I began making up ground progressively. By 90mph I was a 2 car lengths ahead and continuing to gradually pull. If hadn't ripped the knob of the shifter quick shifting into 4th I was willing to go until the other guy gave up. After we raced he followed us into a Toys R Us and said he was expecting to catch me cuz he thought he was racing a WRX. That was back before most people had any idea WTF an SRT-4 even was.

Just for shits and giggles, put on the spring mod and embarass the hell out of him. I will be fun to see if somebody on the 350Z boards will post it. Cool car but it's a trendy cult car above all else IMO. It looks good but doesn't have the performace to match it. Simply put Nissan took a step backward...300ZX > 350Z and...

...SRT-4 > 350Z :thumbsup: :eyebrow: :shshsh:

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
I ran my z against my shiping clerk and put about half a car to a car on him on the highway. He has EDSM and intake. Dont recall if he has exhaust.

I had intake and dual exhaust system. If he would have had a boost controller we would have been neck and neck or he would have passed me. Then again, the twisties where coming up where the z would own the srt pretty bad. :)

·
Registered
368 Posts
i beat a 350 stock VS stock, all depends on the driver i am thinking.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.