1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Just get maxxfab 02houseing and a cutout and thats all you need for exhaust IMO

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
we have all talked about this exhaust awhile ago since it popped up... i'll give you the jist of it...

its basically a DC ripoff. it WILL give you gains but because of the price we are all doubtful it will last... it is probably made with thinner steel than other quality exhaust systems. this shouldn't be a problem if you live in an area that is not plagued with rocks... however, once you DO go somewhere with rocks, sizeable ones at that, you may get a nice exhaust leak from a hole in your system :readclose if you are going to spend approximately $300 on a system, on EBAY, your best bet is the ssautochrome system... you will have to bid on it, and now, since the word is out, it may be harder to get it at JUST $300... but every once in awhile if you keep your eye on that ebay store (ssautochrome) they will sell the system for $288 or so.

·
Forum Moderator, 2011 Calendar Car
15,675 Posts
i'd take that system i think it looks pretty nice... if anyone wants a greddy evo2 catback w/ maxxfabb3" dp welded on it lmk lol

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Not sure, that vendor has 13555 positive remarks, not one single bad one, so i have to say he must be doing something right. But for $300 like posted above I would not expect a miracle, but a nice looking, functional cheap made exhaust. Up to you really.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
I installed this exhaust back in Oct. 2006. No problems as of yet. I still love the sound and looks. Here was my review:
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303235
The car in the Ebay picture is mine. I was one of the first to buy and they did not have pics of the exhaust installed on a car, so we worked out a discount if I would send them some pictures.

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
grandpa-srt4 said:
I installed this exhaust back in Oct. 2006. No problems as of yet. I still love the sound and looks. Here was my review:
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303235
The car in the Ebay picture is mine. I was one of the first to buy and they did not have pics of the exhaust installed on a car, so we worked out a discount if I would send them some pictures.
I have seen this exhaust first hand and it is NICE. Whats up Junior?

·
Registered
793 Posts
I personally own this same exhaust and it's nice. All I would say you do when you put it on is replace the resonator cannister thing with a straight piece of 3" pipe. Thats what I did and it sounds awsome and looks great as well. I have a video clip if you want it PM me.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i didnt mean to offend n e one on here i did try to search it under the exhausts name and under ebay exhausts but waaay too many came up and everyone i clicked that i thought would be helpful wasnt... but either way if its crap at least i only spent 300 and ill go back to my borla... if its good then i got a good deal and can sell the borla and make it that much better. but when you buy something new and are unsure about purchasing dont you like to get other peoples input?

·
Registered
528 Posts
i have that connected to a "#1 downpipe" with welded o2 bung for wideband and stock bung came with, and i have the mpx o2 housing, LOVE IT

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
arn4726 said:
i didnt mean to offend n e one on here i did try to search it under the exhausts name and under ebay exhausts but waaay too many came up and everyone i clicked that i thought would be helpful wasnt... but either way if its crap at least i only spent 300 and ill go back to my borla... if its good then i got a good deal and can sell the borla and make it that much better. but when you buy something new and are unsure about purchasing dont you like to get other peoples input?
i'm not really offended... can't say the same for tinctorus :eveilgrin rather i was just trying to be helpful :thumbsup: looks like other people have different experiences with the exhaust though than what we may have discussed :readclose

·
Registered
561 Posts
Its easy. Take care of it and it will last. Cheap exhaust is known to get holes if you were to run over a rock and it hit it. I am about to buy the same exhaust. So far I have read plenty of "you get what you pay for" threads and so far I have not seen one thread saying "I should have bought the expensive exhaust." Mainly people are using this exhaust with good outcome. Go for it.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Actually thinking of getting this myself, the SEE drone is getting to me and it's only a matter of time before the cops pull me over with all the road work going on in this area over the next few years. Also I will be gettin the exhaust for my Talon Tsi from the same place if I still have it when the time comes.

·
Registered
528 Posts
madwax said:
Actually thinking of getting this myself, the SEE drone is getting to me and it's only a matter of time before the cops pull me over with all the road work going on in this area over the next few years. Also I will be gettin the exhaust for my Talon Tsi from the same place if I still have it when the time comes.
what kind of see? id trade u

1 - 16 of 16 Posts