Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
300 h.p.......... has anyone done this on 91 octane gas? and if so what mods do you have, please no ported stock turbos!!!

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
MCFADDEN said:
300 h.p.......... has anyone done this on 91 octane gas? and if so what mods do you have, please no ported stock turbos!!!

my boy jon got 288 close but no cigar...

·
Registered
380 Posts
MCFADDEN said:

You mean at the crank or at the wheels? I'm shooting for 300 at the wheels on 91 here in Cali. Starting with TechGauges Knock/BTDC/O2 sensor, 180 thermostat, then Kinetic WGA, then exhaust, then FMIC, etc, etc.

I know I'll have to add more fuel and tune it at some point once the basics listed above are done, just haven't decided which route to go yet.

·
Registered
198 Posts
You'll need the basics, exhaust (definately turbo back and preferably cat delete), wga (stronger than S2 wga like an AGP, PTP or kinetic), bc of some kind, VERY BIG fmic, cai will help a little but it can be done without (i'm partial to them), bigger injectors or FPR mod, map clamp will help to not pull timing,

·
Banned
800 Posts
aarons 300 HP setup on 91 produces about 20 HP less becasue you have to back boost down to compisate for shitty gas

·
Registered
16,766 Posts
what about octane booster?

You will get VERY VERY close with this setup

S2 with Toys on HOM
Methanol injection to run HOM on 91
Map clamp clamping to 12.0
1 can of Nos racing formula octane booster to support clamp
Full Turbo back exhaust, (02 housing to tips)
AGP WGA holding 17-18 psi at redline
Ported or larger TB
Big FMIC,
AGP UHP tapped for methanol injection
NO BOOST LEAKS
maybe a ported Intake maniofold

or just a little bit of spray will get you over 300 no problem

·
Registered
984 Posts
BACARDI_DWB said:
yeah thats going to be a hard one without worrying about detonation... its just safer to run that higher octane..
^^^ what he said. (what's up bacardi??)

and octane booster? um, does 110 sunoco count? cos the only real "booster" is more octane. i'm not using that stuff in a bottle again, unless i decide to back to changing my plugs every 2000 miles. that crap doesn't work (it boosts by tenths of octane points, and 91.0 octane is not that different than 91.2 octane). on 110 octane i got 293 whp w/ basic bolt-ons. i'm missing a FMIC, otherwise i have the rest of the 300whp stock turbo equation shown here:
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158821

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
you don't dyno fuels. 91 is 91. 91 + octane booster can be anywhere from 91.1 to 93 octane or even higher depending on the brand and how they mix there RON and MON. A proven octane boost is all you would need. And i can tell you numbers all day, but you'd have to try it for yourself. A good, cheap octane boost is toulene. You can buy it at most paint stores. 1-2 gallons plus 91 = creamy goodness.
EDIT; toulene = 114 octane by the way.
ex: 8 gallons x 91 = 728, 2 gallons x 114 = 228, 728+228 =956, 956/10 gallons =95.6 octane.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
the same formula can be used for 93-94 octane. the higher the base octane you start with, the higher the average octane rating will be in the end. NOTE: do not use more than 25% toulene mix, or it may result in damages.

·
Registered
984 Posts
yah toulene was the stuff i was thinking of as an alternative, but i couldn't remember the name. effectively, that *is* race gas, it's just got a bunch of other crap in there.

i've used them all, NOS, STP, Marvel, Chemtool, Lucas, AmsOil, 104+, and one other one whose name escapes me... a devil or rebel or some clown mascot. they're worthless. okay, okay, they *might* add some power somewhere on the curve, but octane in itself does not = hp.

read here for some pros and cons (a bike site, and deals mostly w/ carb'd engines, but the principles hold) and here for a sort-of scientific test.

(i'm sorry, what was the original question?)

·
Registered
109 Posts
i think i could have done 300 with 91 octane just did not want to push the car that far with the stock turbo. i made 288 hp and 345 trq with stage 1 ecu dtec fc stage 2 ingectors agp wga and b&b tbe and agp front mount intercooler the waste gate was set a 21 falling to 15 abd the map clamp on the dtec set a 4.75 volts of i remember right. and this is on a conseverative tune. i will be pulling my bs out friday and then i think i would be close to the 295 hp level on that tune.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
ricks01ticketmachine said:
i think i could have done 300 with 91 octane just did not want to push the car that far with the stock turbo. i made 288 hp and 345 trq with stage 1 ecu dtec fc stage 2 ingectors agp wga and b&b tbe and agp front mount intercooler the waste gate was set a 21 falling to 15 abd the map clamp on the dtec set a 4.75 volts of i remember right. and this is on a conseverative tune. i will be pulling my bs out friday and then i think i would be close to the 295 hp level on that tune.

your numbers need to be ..........................SAE corrected if you wanted to know

looking forward to your post

1 - 20 of 42 Posts