Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm contemplating on a 3" turboback exhaust with highflow cat or just get the needswing with e-cutout. What would you guys recommend? Right now I'm running the 3" turboback with cat. Thanks :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I'd take a dump over anything else :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive heard you loose power because of backpressure issues.... then again I've seen dyno sheets of huge power gains so I dunno. Just lookin for opinions. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Armen, i used to have the B&B TBE without cat and when i first got it i liked it alot, but the in cabin resonance was too much for me. after a few months, my head started to just hurt too damn much when going on long trips. so recently i got the needswings DP with e-cutout. i got rid of the B&B (actually, traded it for the pipe i got) and i now have this DP connected just with the plain stock exhaust. with it closed, it is quiet enough to cruise around town and not bother anyone else, and down the highway it doesnt resonate. then when you open it up, its a whole new car.

i STRONGLY recommend the needswings DP with E-cutout. it was the best decision i have made for this car in a long time.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
turbo's don't like backpressure. They love flow, the more air you can flow the better. A cutout that dumps out the air asap isn't going to cause the air in the exhaust to push back against the exhaust side of the turbo, this will allow the fins to spin w/ less friction/restriction

·
Registered
547 Posts
it is all personal preference i dont like dump exhaust i dont like sounding like a dump truck but to each there own. The power diff is not that much diff about 3-4 whp with out a cat. Its up to u and do what u want. The only good thing about a e-cutout is u can also make the car quite. But i dont get hurassed for my exhaust because i did when it was stock and they just know the car was lound and still is loud.
Hope that helps you

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
QW has said something about a DP w/ Cat. They were looking for an area car to test one out on, but I never heard back from them...

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ah well I do want to sort of quiet down the car unless need be so I think I'm gonna go with the new needswing version 6 cutout with cat. I just don't know weather or not to hook it up to my custom 3" catback or my mopar/borla?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
If you already have a 3'' catback, why dont you just but a 3" O2 housing and DP and complete the turboback?

·
Registered
263 Posts
well i got bdj's dump with 24" muffler and i like it...power wise its about the same as a cutout because its basically the same thing...i dont mind the noise as much and i've driven to south carolina with it (from new jersey about 600 miles) and after a while u get used to it. Plus i like it for the fact that its a different sounding exhaust than ive herd on any other srt, plus its alot cheaper than going with an electric cutout and DP...heres a link to a vid of my car with the dump (at least the sound)

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195559

·
Registered
113 Posts
Our down pipe will make more power than any other exhaust set up. You can keep the stock catabck so you can run quiet when you want to. We will be releasing our cat version end of next month. It will be on our next batch. If anyone has any questions feel free to call us at our factory. Have a nice day.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quick Time said:
Our down pipe will make more power than any other exhaust set up. You can keep the stock catabck so you can run quiet when you want to. We will be releasing our cat version end of next month. It will be on our next batch. If anyone has any questions feel free to call us at our factory. Have a nice day.
but your prices are a lot more then needswings

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
I turned my MPx downpipe into a dump by adding a 3" round, and about 6" long extension with a turndown at the end... Dumps under the center counsole and I drive past cops all the time at 3am going TO work and they really just dont seem to care as long as your not speeding or going in and out of your lane cuz your tired or w/e...

·
Registered
234 Posts
needswing dp with e-cutout user here....i highly recommend it, you will love it, i drive around with my gf and her parent a lot, amd they love my car, they say it is pretty smooth...what they dont know is that when i open the dump all hell breaks loose, it sounds plain sick! and you do feel the difference in performance significantly.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I will be getting the Needswing downpipe with e/cutout soon. I've heard a few of them at the track and they sound just badass, it sounds like the pits of hell opening up lol. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
i just have this to say about e/cutouts! i have the needswing one and when i first had it on a pretty much stock car it felt like shit. when it was open it felt pretty laggy and slow compared to it open! now that i turned up the boost and pretty much have all the bolt ons it feels like a whole other monster with it open! i really love it and i was one of those guys that hated it at first! i think it hurts the car if your gonna keep stock boost. it just feels like the more boost you run the better the downpipe works, just my 2cents!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I went full 3''Turboback from Exhaust Depot and love it. I didnt see the point in spending 500$ for a 3''dp with a e-cutout when i could get a full exhaust for 550$ and use it for later applications. I gained 1psi of boost too and the car became a different beast all around. :thumbsup: For ED.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts