Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In stock trim, I would get a consistent 11psi out of the car all the way to te higher RPM. Now with my 3" turbo back setup (with cat) it holds 12psi all the way to the top. I disconnected my boost controller to try it out.

This week I will be getting some numbers from the system to see what it dynos at in full stock trim with a turbo back setup.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
great! good job yeah keep us posted...now can you tell us when the 2.5 will be available and if will include a dummy tip or not
?

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I might make it in a 2.5" instead, but there is no problems with the 3". No boost creep issues. With my boost controller set at the stock 12psi, the boost fluctuates before it stabalizes at 12. With teh controller off it does not fluctuate like it does with the boost controller on.

The system will come with a single, and dual tip setup.

In about 1-2 months, it should be available.

·
Registered
58 Posts
hey, exhaust, IM me if u see me on later, i wanna talk to u about something. and i donno y ur only seeing 11psi stock and 12 w/the catback, i see a 14 spike then it sits at 13. and we only live like 8 miles apart...lol...ohh and i ditched the APEX'I boost controller, i was having too much of a problem setting it up. i bought a Greddy Profec-A for $100 from a friend, its alot easier to tune from what i understand. ohh, and fuel cut is a 17 psi. :D

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The AVCR is not a friendly controller. Its way to advance with its gain control etc etc, blay blah blah.

yeah, im getting 11 out of my car in stock form. with the catbavk i am hitting 12psi. I know the autometers are not known for having the most reliable boost readings.

My HKS EVC-5 has the boost readong on the screen in KPa. It reads higher than what is shown on the gauge.

·
Registered
58 Posts
the AVCR has more options then i think anyone w/a street car will use, i know quite a few supra guy who use it w/no probs but they never tuned it themsleves...now i found out why.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
so Depot you are saying that a stock SRT-4 boost meter is not as accurate as it is made out to be? think thats y Ricer's car read 14 and yours only read 12 stock?

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, thats a possibility. Totaly stock I would stabilize at 11 psi. when I installed the turboback, it went up to 12.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
YOu might be correct? I know on a supra fuel cut/ boost cut occurs at 14psi. If thec ar sees anything over 14psi, the fuel cuts out for about a second and all of your lights turn on.

When you run a fuel cut defenser, it takes teh turbo pressure sensors signal and makes it seem like less boost is being ran. After that no more cut.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
4 Participants
Exhaust Depot
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing