Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, when the dealer said "im not suppose to tell you this but, there thinking of putting 3 stages of turbo, like 1 2 or 3" , i shook my head. Thats prob why dodge took off the under 20k sign.
but he said dodge is trying, so its 50.50.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
im surprised you havent seen it yet.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Boost Controller

Has anyone seen anything interesting about fiddling with the boost? Or even computer mods? I was checking out a cool item called water injection, its used to reduce intake temperature and eliminate engine ping under load.. Would be interesting to play with that to lower the intake charge temp along with increasing boost.

·
Registered
88 Posts
It may be posted elsewhere; but what are the prices for the stage 1, 2, 3 upgrades?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
omg, so is this why they took of the under 20k?
or am i going to be able to get a 3rd stage for 20k

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
turbo

Car's will come with the upgrade already? or is it aftermarket that u will have to buy from mopar? if u buy a different stage turbo through mopar does that f up the whole warranty on the srt 4? th

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
cmleary0919 said:
does anyone have any clue the costs of these upgrades? specifically Stage II?

I'm guessing the stage two will cost at least 1800 bucks. Again that's just a guess.

-Faast

·
Registered
24 Posts
Re: turbo

xither0ckxi said:
u would really buy a stage 1? for a 10 hp gain?

For me, it would depend on how I get classed. I think that stage one should be legal for Street Prepared autocross, just maybe. Stages 2 and 3 would go to street modified.

If it were a 2.0 liter, I would go with STX and kill some WRX's...

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
The stage one will *probably* yeild a 20hp increase. Not great, but depending on the price, it might be just right. I'm betting that the 235 claim is underrated, just like the 215 claim. Besides, if it didn't produce at least 20 hp more, DCX might run into legal issues, since the kit yeilds half of the increase it claimed. I can't WAIT to see what a stage 2 or 3 yeilds on a dyno :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts