Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to the track and I was wondering what tires to buy for the stock wheels, I want to go with a drag radial. Nitto or BFG 225/45 or what size works best, What does everyone launch at with these tires, without breaking something.

Also I was wondering if I should get new plugs, what type, gap, and where to get some.

Or if anyone else has ideas on my setup let me know

Thanks

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
someone at least tell me if plugs will help me,

:flame:

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
1. don't bother going with a dr on a stock rim. you don't have enough of a side wall to make it truly useful. there's a reason that everyone runs 15" rims with dr's and slicks. if you do decide to go ahead with it, i would suggest the bf goodrich's, i wasn't all that impressed with the nittos when i saw them last weekend. i am running a 225/50R15 launching at about 2600 or so, and i haven't broken anything yet.

2a. new plugs are your best friend. which ones to get are up to you. you have the choice between champtions, ngk's, and denso's. the champtions suck ime, too hot a plug and make the car run like crap. the denso's are the best ones, but a little pricey. the ngk's are a nice compomise, however the car likes to brun through them. i'm on my 3rd set in 10k miles. i think i'll suck it up and get the denso's soon.

2b. gap also depends on the plug. .040 should be good, maybe even a .035.

2c. sparkplugs.com or napa

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you,

I will get some denso plugs, .040

the only reason for the tires is that i need knew ones so I wanted to upgrade to something besides the kdw

Thanks again

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
the kdw's are fine for daily driving. if you want to have something for the track, i would suggest getting a pair of pt steelies, kosei k1's, or something similar to them (15" rim w/35 offset) and mount a set of dr's or slicks to those. many people run 225/50R15, although 235/60R15 is a new size that people are trying with some good success. if you want the 235's you need a 7" rim, the 225's can be mounted on a 6.5" rim.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
where can you order the Koseis from? I have been looking for those for awhile now...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.