Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

My buddy in Brampton just got a 3" exhaust on his SRT yesterday. It was great because we did it for $850 bucks including tax, that is including the downpipe with cat. The only part that trouble's me is that my buddy did not get a resonator and I swear the exhaust could wake the dead. I would say it would be on par with a V8 with minimal muffling. Sorry I do not have a sound clip, but if any of you are coming sunday you could hear it in person? I'am going next week to get my side exit but I am seriously considering a resonator, or a twister muffler, to keep the insanity down a bit. My main worry is that the cops would give me a hard time and I would not be able to listen to the girlfriend (more worried about the GF well because ya know)
"yada yada yada why are you not listening yada yada". I would appreciate any info on anybody running a 3" and if they regret it or not, or would get a resonator if they could do it over? Thanks all.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Do it over? Why dont you just buy a muffler and slap it in the middle somewhere or even a resonator if you wanna go that route. I know what you mean by loud too because I had my 2000 Dak R/T exhaust done when I had it. Mopar headers into a magnaflow x-pipe 2.5" piping to a turn-down before the axle with NO MUFFLERS. Ummm yeah this is probably the LOUDEST thing you'll hear on the street and hell no was it legal but thankfully I could cruise and it wouldn't be too loud.

I also had 2 cutouts installed right before the x-pipe (mind you these are pretty much RIGHT after the header collector pipes) and one time one of the cutout caps fell off. Well imagine dragster style noise. it was almost impossible to hold a conversation on the freeway. Thank god the local speedshop had a cap sitting around :)

Ahhh...I miss the truck now that I think about it

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
oshawa SRT said:
Hey All,

My buddy in Brampton just got a 3" exhaust on his SRT yesterday. It was great because we did it for $850 bucks including tax, that is including the downpipe with cat. The only part that trouble's me is that my buddy did not get a resonator and I swear the exhaust could wake the dead. I would say it would be on par with a V8 with minimal muffling. Sorry I do not have a sound clip, but if any of you are coming sunday you could hear it in person? I'am going next week to get my side exit but I am seriously considering a resonator, or a twister muffler, to keep the insanity down a bit. My main worry is that the cops would give me a hard time and I would not be able to listen to the girlfriend (more worried about the GF well because ya know)
"yada yada yada why are you not listening yada yada". I would appreciate any info on anybody running a 3" and if they regret it or not, or would get a resonator if they could do it over? Thanks all.

I'd a 3" turbo back exhaust with cats and muffler. Add a muffler would most definitely quiet things. I'll be at the cruise on Sunday if you're coming?

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
oshawa SRT said:
Hey All,

My buddy in Brampton just got a 3" exhaust on his SRT yesterday. It was great because we did it for $850 bucks including tax, that is including the downpipe with cat. The only part that trouble's me is that my buddy did not get a resonator and I swear the exhaust could wake the dead.
Hey. The resonator makes a difference. Pop that in and it should be fine. I have a 3" O2, Downpipe and Cat and then the Mopar catback system.

Where is your buddy in Brampton? I know of 3 others but not him.

General area? Colour? Is he coming to the C7??

I am around Bovaird and McLaughlin and so is a black one. I see a silver one around there and know a blue one is just north off Sandalwood.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I have the B&B 3" and I know exactly what your talking about. I have been thinking of putting in a Resonator.

So far the cops haven't given me any troubles, but the Neighbours are ready to kill me!

Personally it doesn't bother me, other than it is hard to have a conversation in the car on the Highway.

MK

·
Premium Member
6,193 Posts
MKITGO2 said:
I have the B&B 3" and I know exactly what your talking about. I have been thinking of putting in a Resonator.

So far the cops haven't given me any troubles, but the Neighbours are ready to kill me!

Personally it doesn't bother me, other than it is hard to have a conversation in the car on the Highway.

MK
oh having a conversation in a real stupid loud car never bothers me :rofl:

Im glad I have the ability to read lips :hi:

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I did some research and I found a company called twister mufflers. It is far better than using a glass pack, or something simliar to that effect. The exhaust work was done at auto accesory zone in whitby, the downpipe's came from Maxxfab. I don't think you can argue with a complete 3" exhaust for under 800 canadian with tax! As for my buddy he is at hurontario and the 407 exit, it is a black one with no sunroof. he actually lives on the same street as some guy that has a silver one with stage 1.And both yes of us will be going to the C7 thing. thanks for all of your help.

·
Registered
18 Posts
A pleasure all, it's apparently the buddy of Oshawa. I'm at Ray Lawson and McLaughlin...just listen for me. But look out for Oshawa as well, getting that side exhaust done with cat and res....we're going for that "it sounds like God coughing" rumble. According to my street; it does. Sorry I can't make it Sun...work screwed me!

·
Registered
805 Posts
oshawa SRT said:
Well I did some research and I found a company called twister mufflers. It is far better than using a glass pack, or something simliar to that effect.
You got me curious so I contacted them to ask a couple questions. The unit only comes in aluminized.. no stainless. I only mention it because Stainless seems to be the system of choice these days.

Also, they couldn't give me a local dealer (local being Ontario) so I don't how hard these might be to get.

Just FYI

MK

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok Aneurysm, it does not sound like god coughing it sounds like the devil! or something really pissed off! Aluminized it not a bad thing. I have had an aluminized exhaust system before and it lasted a good 5-6 years before it really broke away. I have decided to use an resonator from magnaflow on my side exit pics coming this thursday Oct.7th!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.