Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey for anyone interested i have three 2008.75 Dodge Challengers on the way. One is Hemi Orange and the others are Black. i will stay posted with updates when they arrive. But like everyone knows these cars will not hang around. I just wanted to give you guys the opportunity to pick up one of these and i will give you the best deal i can.:readclose

·
Registered
562 Posts
I was talking with my father about these cars today, as he works at the assembly plant. They are sold out for the next 2 years, and can only produce 20 per hour at maximum currently, which is incredibly low considering they can build 450+ Chargers per hour.
It will indeed be a sellers market for these cars...

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I was talking with my father about these cars today, as he works at the assembly plant. They are sold out for the next 2 years, and can only produce 20 per hour at maximum currently, which is incredibly low considering they can build 450+ Chargers per hour.
It will indeed be a sellers market for these cars...
I kind of find that hard to believe. 20 per hour? Sold out for 2 years? Maybe the SRT-8, but the RT won't be out till '09 so there haven't been any orders taken on those to be sold out...

·
Registered
562 Posts
I kind of find that hard to believe. 20 per hour? Sold out for 2 years? Maybe the SRT-8, but the RT won't be out till '09 so there haven't been any orders taken on those to be sold out...
20 per hour.
It's a tooling thing. The inner body skins are being made in house, not by Magna, so they can only produce a maximum of 20 per hour.
This is a limited quantity car. It's not gonna be like the Charger where the dealer has 50 sitting around on the lot.
And they have sold their allotted dealer orders for the next 2 years in advance.
That doesn't mean you won't get one from a dealer, it just means they can't make more to meet increased demand.

·
Registered
7,404 Posts
dipshit rappers are going to buy them, lift them up on 37 inch rims and do V12 swaps and vertical doors. fucking bastards. fuck dodge. first they kill the demon by making it a fwd shitbox, and now uber limited quantities of what was supposed to be a mustang killer. way to go cerberus. fags.

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
Guys, guys, guys, relax. Dodge has already commited to 6400 SRT-8s.

Official Production Number Announced for 2008 Challenger

With that amount, theres no reason anyone has to pay markup. Hell, other SRT-8s are made in about 5 thousand units amounts, and there always enough to go around. Hell, they only made 1,000 Super Bees, and within a month you cold finds ones for sticker or better.

Anyone who pays markup just doesnt care. I say here, it you cant get one for sticker within 60 days of initial release, you just didnt try hard enough. And no, calling three local dealers isnt trying hard enough. Not when Woodhouse ships cars anywhere in the country.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts