Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering do the 3.5 fit in the top of the dash? i have seen yes and no in a search. has anyone put infin kappa 3 1/2??? please get back thanxs!

doors and rears are that would like to get to those buggers now

·
Registered
7,310 Posts
Are you talking about replacing the stock dash speakers? If you're going for best sound quality and imaging I'd almost rather put the money towards a better component set for the doors. On my car I didn't want to cut any panels so I mounted my tweeters in the dash location with some custom brackets and it sounds ok with some fine tuning and adjustment on my head unit, but is far from optimal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wondered that same thing myself. I'm about to put Kappas in the doors and in the rear too. Did you ever find an answer to your question about the 3.5's in the dash?

·
Registered
781 Posts
Do components, put the woofer in the door and the tweeter in the stock dash location, you won't regret it. as far as fittment, a 3.5 will not fit, and I don't know of any companies that make a speaker to directly replace them.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
as far as fittment, a 3.5 will not fit,
sure they will, at least some of them. I had a pair of 3.5s from an '06 Durango in my car for a bit, and the set of Infinity Reference 3012s I bought just barely fit (the magnet is a tight squeeze.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts