Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys awhile ago I took my car out for a ride and went WOT and looked at the psi gauge and i saw that it was heading towards 30 psi like it was nothing I just wanted to see how far it would go but i let go off the throttle as soon as it went towards 28 psi on third gear and I don’t think that’s good. I searched on the forums and i saw other people having almost the same problem and I saw some people saying to check the solenoid lines and I did that and it looked like everything was together where they are suppose to be so what I’m thinking is that the wastegate is not working? At first I thought that a custom tune would control the psi but It looks like it’s the wastegate that does that so I was checking it out and it does look kinda old, so what I’m wondering is if you guys think this would affect the psi. it’s a forward motion wastegate actuator
Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive design Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

·
Registered
102 Posts
Could be a failed wg. Here is a resource that may help you test it yourself. I've heard of many other people having this issue when a vacuum hose pops off. I'd recheck all your hoses before you began taking things apart.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could be a failed wg. Here is a resource that may help you test it yourself. I've heard of many other people having this issue when a vacuum hose pops off. I'd recheck all your hoses before you began taking things apart.
Alright thanks man, if i got time tomorrow ill check out everything you said thanks for the suggestion and the resource you sent me

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I fixed the problem. what I did was check the vacuum lines first and everything seemed right so I ziptied everything and it didn’t fix the problem, then I did a boost leak test, I built mine using parts from home depot and AutoZone and found a huge leak near the right bottom side of the engine it looked like it was a intercooler pipe and the clamp was too lose so I tightened it and it stopped making bubbles but then the oil cap started leaking a little bit of oil so I searched the forums and it turned out the pcv valve was bad so I went advance auto parts and got a new pcv valve and oil cap and boom it also stopped leaking oil/air, so then I went on another test ride and it still didn’t fix the problem and the last thing I did was adjust the wastegate actuator counter clockwise to see if I can reduce the boost and boom now I’m spiking 25 and lowering too 22 or 23 I don’t know I can’t really focus on driving and looking at the gauge.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts