Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after reading on the board for the last week or so I finally decided to stop by the local dodge dealer to give one a test drive...well, they only had one on the lot in the showroom....with a sticker price of 21,500.00 with sunroof and all the goodies...right below that though was another sticker saying 5000.00 dealer modifications...and I am thinking, shit, what the hell did they put on this thing? Stage 3 and better? I look down at the description and it says "Market Adjustment" I couldnt believe it....so when the very unknowledgable salesman comes over I say...Is this a joke? and he says he doesnt know...goes over and talks to the finance dude...comes back and says no it isnt...that this is a very limited production vehicle and extremely rare and hard to find...I started laughing right in his face. I just couldnt help it...I told him he was crazy this was the 3rd year the car had been out and that you can get them anywhere for invoice or under invoice even...let me think...what was Dodge's ad slogan for this car? Fastest car you can buy for under 20 grand? Um...yeah...so I didnt have time to hunt out another dealer today but going to call around tomorrow and see if they are all in on this scam or not...but it was the first one I have seen in person and I loved it...the thing is badass and I cannot wait to drive one....just wanted to share my experience with everyone though...

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
i went to the dealer and they also had a 5000 doller mark-up, i was like no way. i then went to that same dealers website and bought it at MSRP through the internet fleet sales rep. i was happy to buck their system!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah, that sounds a bit more of where I was thinking...I guess someone out there is paying these ridiculous prices...I mean, I always kind of feel like they end up cornholing you on a car deal no matter how good of a price you get out of them...but adding a 5000 dollar just for the fuck of it fee is kind of ridiculous if you ask me....

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
i work in sales for gunn dodge in san antonio. the over sticker thing there is nothing new. they (fiesta) sell all srts with market adjustments - and for some reason people pay.

we will have the 05s at sticker. we have 04s in stock with kicker and roofs for $21,799 - these are under sticker. for $26,999 you can get an electric blue 04 with stage 2 turbo, mopar cat back, mopar stage 3 suspension, mopar tails, and mopar bov.

Fred Garza
internet sales and srt-4 owner
gunn dodge
210-599-5800

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Exhaust Depot said:
Do you have this dealers number so i can call them up. I might get into the crack business and I want to get the best crack out there.
Be careful what you ask for and how you word it :lol: :rofl:

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
nick0716 said:
this is the funniest board ever or im just been drinking to much, whichever its funny as FUCK
nah its ok....im not even drunk, and I found that funny as hell! :rofl:

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
hey, maybe it is false, two n's in gun make a right.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
turbo92awd said:
i work in sales for gunn dodge in san antonio. the over sticker thing there is nothing new. they (fiesta) sell all srts with market adjustments - and for some reason people pay.

we will have the 05s at sticker. we have 04s in stock with kicker and roofs for $21,799 - these are under sticker. for $26,999 you can get an electric blue 04 with stage 2 turbo, mopar cat back, mopar stage 3 suspension, mopar tails, and mopar bov.

Fred Garza
gunn dodge
210-599-5800
Now there is a smart salesman...proof that not only are you on the boards which is smart looking for new customers...but also that you probably actually know what the hell you are talking about as opposed to most salesmen I run across...that is the other thing I just cant believe about most salesmen you run into...they know so little about their own product...how can you be a salesman and not spend just a few hours on the internet at least learning the basics of the cars you are selling....ridiculous...Fred...I like you...I will call you in the next few days...what can you do on an 04 for me?

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
turbo92awd said:
for $26,999 you can get an electric blue 04 with stage 2 turbo, mopar cat back, mopar stage 3 suspension, mopar tails, and mopar bov.

Fred Garza
gunn dodge
210-599-5800
so how's the warranty on that bad boy? :lol: Suspension- GONE. Drivetrain- GONE.

just messing with ya man... I'd have rolled in the cost of those parts if they were out when I bought my car... but never would have paid dealer install prices.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.