Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently went to visit my grandfather in North Dakota. I drove from Texas. While I was up there I got my car dyno'd. It put down 245hp, and that seems low for the mods I have. I have a few ideas as to why it would be putting down low numbers, but I wanted to get any input anyone would like to give.

Mods: K&N typhoon CAI, AGP WGA, stage 1 pcm, MPx 3" exhaust w/high flow cat, mopar short throw shifter, msd wires, atp up pipe w/turboxs rfl bov, welfare catch can, fan switch, stock plugs regapped to .040

I haven't blocked off the stock surge release valve yet, thats one potential problem. It just seems to me with the stage 1/wga/exhaust I should be getting more power.

Thanks in advance for any input. Tim

** All work done by Fro-Tualla Customs **
Custom SRT-4 and LS1 Performance Applications :rofl: :jester:

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
ya the BOP is huge...can stop crazy boost leak....what'd you boost at on those dyno runs? Also the RFL is a leaky POS...you might wanna check that too!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the tech said it didn't go over 15 or 16 psi. I used to have the wga letting 18 psi tops in, but it seems to go down on its own. supposedly this bov is real leaky, but I was told to put some silicone around the flange when putting it on the up pipe and it'd be ok. Who knows. The block off plate is my main concern right now.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
running 15-16 psi as opposed to 18-19 will be the difference between 245 hp and 260 hp.

·
Registered
495 Posts
What kind of gas.? I dynoed with mods below with 91 octane with 19psi not spiking slowly rising and droping to 16 at red. at like 245/270 ran her out to under quarter tank put in to things of octane booster just to see...265/292

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Naska said:
whats this whole reseting of the pcm.. could that effect his results too?
ANYTHING is possible w/ our PCM. :crying: That is always a given in fucked-uppedness when modding. Talk to Ethan (DODGETWEAKER) for 5 min and you will think twice about capping that line and bypassing this line. :readclose :grimrippe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts