Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

Has anyone ran this M&H setup?

Is a spacer needed and what size do you use to clear the perch.

Or will a cutting wheel/die grinder be needed?

Thanks,
Marion
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,239 Posts
I used ptsteelies and 24.5/8.5/15 slicks on stock struts no problem. I had a local guy asking me if he could do it also cause M&H told him only a 26x6 would fit. I belive dasmopar ran the same tires differnt wheels on his car with stock struts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dansrt4 said:
I used ptsteelies and 24.5/8.5/15 slicks on stock struts no problem. I had a local guy asking me if he could do it also cause M&H told him only a 26x6 would fit. I belive dasmopar ran the same tires differnt wheels on his car with stock struts.
With a 1" drop from the Mopar Springs included?


Marion
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,483 Posts
mario03srt said:
All,

Has anyone ran this M&H setup?

Is a spacer needed and what size do you use to clear the perch.

Or will a cutting wheel/die grinder be needed?

Thanks,
Marion
I have the same setup. Fits fine! no spacers needed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies. 1.7 60ft here I come.

Marion
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,362 Posts
mario03srt said:
With a 1" drop from the Mopar Springs included?


Marion
Come on Marion. I think the med's are working your brain over. The springs won't change the location of the spring perch in relationship to the wheel hub. They will fit. If anything you may need a 1/8" wheel spacer. But not because of the spring perch. The slick is so wide that it will rub on the strut body while turning just a touch without a spacer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dasmopar said:
Come on Marion. I think the med's are working your brain over. The springs won't change the location of the spring perch in relationship to the wheel hub. They will fit. If anything you may need a 1/8" wheel spacer. But not because of the spring perch. The slick is so wide that it will rub on the strut body while turning just a touch without a spacer.
Das,

For some reason I was thinking the spring height had an effect on the perch to control arm distance. So when a shorter spring was installed that distance shortened too.

BTW the Vicatin has been gone for a few days.

I hope things are well with Das Senior.

Marion
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top