Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is not a good size for the stock rim but the dealer has installed Brand new Dunlop SP Sport FM90's on the srt I am looking at buying.

What are the ill effect of this size?
Should I have them take these off or go ahead with them?

The weight I believe is an 87 and don't the srt's need 89 or better?

I already know that they are not that great of a tire from the specs on tirerack. Let me know soon, becuase I am going to most likely buy it this week.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
What make are the tires? That size should be fine on the stock rim.

·
Administrator
39,212 Posts
those tires are pretty crappy, and yes, service rating of 89 is the minimum for our cars. They also aren't rated for a 6" wide wheel. They should be ok to drive on for a little bit so long as you don't go really fast or corner hard, but you could pressure the dealer into putting the correct size tires on or giving you ~$600 off of the price so you can go get the correct size tires put on.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
stowaway said:
those tires are pretty crappy, and yes, service rating of 89 is the minimum for our cars. They also aren't rated for a 6" wide wheel. They should be ok to drive on for a little bit so long as you don't go really fast or corner hard, but you could pressure the dealer into putting the correct size tires on or giving you ~$600 off of the price so you can go get the correct size tires put on.

That is what I believe I am going to do. I just would hate to buy the car and 1-2 weeks later wreck b/c of the wrong size tire.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts