Dodge SRT Forum banner

161 - 177 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
7,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
No, it's totally fine.

Mine is the AGP race new style. Very similar to the ED super beast. I would not go with any direct fit inter-cooler for performance reasons alone. If you really need the stiffness, get a brace.

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
I've been running the ED WUSS (direct fit) for years with a Stage 3 on E85. Temps could be lower I guess but I still trap 124. I really wanted to keep the crash bar for safety.

·
Registered
7,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
Update: So I've been a total slacker on this car...I've just been driving it and changing the oil. I bandaided the knock by making a silicone gasket that sits between the sensor and the block. Do not do this at home kids, it's really stupid to do if you have real knock. I don't have knock, just loose PTW clearance. The plugs look good, the compression has improved so that all cylinders are within 5psi of each other 146-151psi and it doesn't change with a squirt of oil. Leakdown is less than 8% now too. I use about a quart of oil in 3000 miles. I guess the motor just needed to be driven. I'm not going to race it anymore since I'm sick of breaking things and I have a real race car to race. It's fun to drive, fast enough to not bore me and I can fix anything if it ever breaks.

The sad part is the paint is going to heck in a hand basket. The clear is coming off everywhere. The whole car isn't worth what a paint job would cost.

·
Registered
7,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #164 (Edited)
Thinking of selling...what do I think this thing worth? High side is 6k at this mileage (114k) with all the groovy parts and BWS3. One of the Aeroforce gauges died, paint needs done along with some little things here and there and typical interior wear. I'm just ready to move on. I know it was a bunch of work and money, but I had my fun. Thinking of bigger and better things...

Attachments

·
Registered
7,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #167 (Edited)
The camaro?
Yep, I have a hauler finally. It allows me to store it while using the garage for other things and also take it to the track fully prepped. Hopefully sometime soon. I always hated changing tires at the track and all that.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
Just talking about it. I just get to thinking too much sometimes. The srt-4 has been my favorite car. I've had tons of fun, I know everything about it, I've done pretty much everything you can do with it except the extremes of power or handling. I would like something a little more comfortable and modern for a daily.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Just talking about it. I just get to thinking too much sometimes. The srt-4 has been my favorite car. I've had tons of fun, I know everything about it, I've done pretty much everything you can do with it except the extremes of power or handling. I would like something a little more comfortable and modern for a daily.
I've done that a few times too. But in the end, I just can't do it. It's still too much fun, even though it is just about worthless on the market.

It does make a pretty good fishing car, though, what with the fold down seats allowing the rods to fit and the black interior forgiving all but the worst muddy boot marks.

And thanks to the coil overs, it can easily handle a few large sacks of potting soil or a dozen pavers at a time.

And every now and then, someone who knows their stuff give an unexpected comment "that's a nice looking SRT-4, man!!". :smile:

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Yeah, not so much for me with the clear coat coming off...
Red always seems to be a problem, especially in a sunny climate.
Our red 2008 Honda Fit Sport (AKA Jazz) is now pink except in spots where the paint is gone completely.
Too bad, because the rest of the car is perfect in every way and it's been perfect since day one with really great handling.
Maybe a reasonably priced re-spray would help us feel better about it, although wife doesn't really care...

·
Registered
7,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
Car still looks like a hunk of junk paint-wise, but it runs great, is fast enough and never let's me down. I fixed the aeroforce gauges, replaced the gross HID headlights, fixed the MFS switch connector preemptively and added the relays to save it from future melting. Now I have to stop being lazy and replace the fuel lines (they are not happy with E85 and are getting hard) and put the sways and Koni's on...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,059 Posts
glad to see you ditched those other headlights... i hate the way they look...

161 - 177 of 177 Posts