·
Registered
7,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
No problemo dude.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Has anyone ever use cp carillo piatons? I got to tour their facility in orange county. Fucking amazing place, probably too baller for neon owners. Haha

·
Registered
7,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
Those are pricey. Most SRT guys are not going to make so much power that they would need fancy pistons and rods.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
i just paid 1300 for pistons and rods :rofl:. custom aluminum 6.16 rod and aries pistons to go with them. i would say the cp pistons are priced fairly compared to everyone else.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Yeah bubba stewert was having a problem with his supercross bike. On hard landings the force was causing him to spin bearings and by the end of the race it was down on power. They figured out if they put this "special coating" on the piston it would solve the problem. Amazing stuff there.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just read this whole thing. Props for a clean ass car and clean build. Can't wait to start building mine but I have set my mind that interior and suspension will come before performance on this build. She's already plenty quick for a daily

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Has anyone ever use cp carillo piatons? I got to tour their facility in orange county. Fucking amazing place, probably too baller for neon owners. Haha
Their in my build, better than the rest right out the box.

Reactions: jake1191

·
Registered
191 Posts
This is fantastic work! What thermostat are you running? I'm thinking of switching to 180 degree for the summer here in Tucson. I normally keep everything stock. Last summer it was a little nerve-racking watching the needle bounce between 200-210 with spirited driving and moderate A/C use.

·
Registered
7,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
I run the 180 and turn the fans on a little earlier than stock. Just make sure you don't run too cool and never get to closed loop. I found a 185 for the first car. That worked good too. I could use max ac on the hottest day and never pass 205 even in traffic all the way home from work.

·
Registered
7,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #154 (Edited)
New motor!

Machined and strapped the right way, ARP studs, oil hole welded, .020 over Wisecos, Eagle rods, brand new stock crank, king bearings, to be assembled by srtmike04.

Bored too small!!! Doh! They did 0.0025 PTW clearance instead of 0.0035 like we asked. Took the block back, so it should be done next week.

·
Registered
7,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
I took it back to the machine shop and they bored it out and everything is ready to go. Meanwhile, I've been daily driving the thing and even took it to the track. I blew off a line on the throttle body that I forgot to ziptie like a dope and spun to a 13.6 @ 112. Sreet tires too. I was only running 21 psi falling to 19. Duster pulled all the boost out due to the knock, so it's on spring pressure. The car pulls the max timing it can out on each run as well. Think it runs great, but I want to get this done and turn it up a bit.

Still waiting for my slacker engine builder to put that stuff together tho...

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
I have had a horrible time trying to log data with a laptop (I wanted to get the AFR data through the analog channel along with all the other stuff) and it is still mostly a fail, so I've been just logging with the Intune and leaving it at that. I had the TPS wires die one at a time during the process as well. I also swapped out the heavy AGP WGA spring so that boost by gear would actually work in 1st and 2nd (before I was getting 21psi there). Finally, after much suffering and many attempts I got a log with some actual WOT data to send to Dave. It turns out the car maxes out the knock measurement and pulls a ton of timing. We switched to E85 and tried it...still horrible, so he lowered the timing and added fuel...still just as awful. The boost is at 11 psi! The car shows knock when you rev it from idle out of gear for heaven's sake! The car isn't knocking for real, runs great, pulls hard and has mostly clean plugs...
I find it very odd that you still can't datalog AFR directly on your intune. You should really contact Diablosport for support. It's not only much easier, but the sample rate is multiple time faster.

Do it! :readclose

·
Registered
7,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
Doesn't work. I tried everything.

·
Registered
138 Posts
What intercooler is everyone running. I currently have the spearco bfmic. But I want to go back to a direct fit like the agp if people like that for the stage 3. I also will be putting in bobs 47lb bws3 so please let me know if the smaller ic just won't work as well with the bws3.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Nice build btw joe. Not trying to jack your tread but I was on the fence and wanted to know what stage 3 owners were running.

141 - 160 of 181 Posts