Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought my 2005 off someone that swapped out the motor from a diff car that supposedly had less miles .. I'm not sure if the year of the engine makes a difference or not but I'm throwing it out there that idk of the swap was from another 2005 or not..with that being said .. when I start the car with the tip sensor not plugged in the car will seem to run fine ..I can rev it up and the turbo sounds good and engine sound great... When I turn it off and plug the tip sensor in and try to rev it the car doesn't rev high at all and kind of has a gargle sound or something and the turbo doesn't seem to be working right or something .. like it backfiring and won't rev out .. im wondering if the car had a tune before the swap maybe it had a few things done to it and the tune isn't meant for what the car is now ? The car is pretty stock now besides the big fmic, CAI, and BOV. I have bought a new tip sensor and that didn't seem to help anything.. please help... Also being that the wastegate on these cars changes depending on the year I was wondering if that had something to do with it ? I have the original engine still with the turbo setup still on it and the two stock waste gate look different to me .. not sure if that would matter .

·
Registered
05 srt-4 white
92 Posts
If you wiggle the wires for the tps while the car is running is there a difference in the idle? If so you might have a broken wire which is a common (tps/iac/tip) issue with these cars and possibly from the engine swap. They might of got stretched. They sell a rewire kit for the tps wires as well at modern if that is the issue. Just something to check out and try. Also is there any codes present? Also if it is tune related u you should be able to flash a new Diablo canned tune to it still.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you wiggle the wires for the tps while the car is running is there a difference in the idle? If so you might have a broken wire which is a common (tps/iac/tip) issue with these cars and possibly from the engine swap. They might of got stretched. They sell a rewire kit for the tps wires as well at modern if that is the issue. Just something to check out and try. Also is there any codes present? Also if it is tune related u you should be able to flash a new Diablo canned tune to it still
P1105 is the code I have... When it's tip is plugged in sometimes it won't start until I unplug it..but it's a new tip.. u think the solenoid could be at fault ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sometimes it'll start up and then shut off within a sec or two ( with it plugged in ) when it's unplugged it runs fine

·
Registered
05 srt-4 white
92 Posts
Its a possibility but unlikly. Do you have a muti meter to check them? Have you unpluged the tip solenoid it's self and seen if anything changes? With the tip sensor still plugged in that is.

·
Registered
05 srt-4 white
92 Posts
Very unique and weird issue you have here. Did you just get this car? Has it always had this issue? Can you contact previous owner to find out if it had a tune on it? I'm not sure if this can be done or not but maybe they had a custom tune to ignore the tip sensor. And when you plug it in maybe it's making it bug out. Not saying that's the problem or even that if it is possible but it could be. Are all the vacuum/boost lines connected properly like factory? If not this info could help lead us to figuring this out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The previous owner doesn't know much..it's done this since I got it.. when it plugs in it backfire and not revs out past 2 grand .. sometimes it doesn't even start ...once I unplug it and start it the car runs fine.. I do have a voltmeter I haven't checked it yet tho..all my vacuum lines are set up factory too

1 - 7 of 7 Posts