Votes: 24 8.4%
  • What day is it again?

Votes: 10 3.5%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I deal with a guy who does custom calenders and for the past few years he has been doing some car calenders for me. I realize that it's a bit late in the year for this but I think it would be possible to deliver a 2005 calender by the first or second week of Jan or so. I thought I would see if there is any interest in going forward with the project. Here is how it will work.

We will take user submissions of photos for the calender. Then, at that point (maybe a week for submissions), we'll open up a poll and allow the community to vote on which cars they want to see in the calender. After that, the calender guy will get the photos and go to work. Calenders will contain the photos voted on by the users, the forum logo and some vendor advertisements. Cost will be somewhere around $25.00ea.

Please vote honestly on this poll as it will reflect how many calenders, if any, are initially run. We'll probably also have some available to give away for prizes later down the road.

In the interest of full disclosure, I have nothing vested in this calender deal and all sales and orders will go through the calender guy.

EDIT Send photo submissions to [email protected]

EDIT AGAIN Here are some ground rules that we have decided to implement after talking to the calender guy.

1 - 1 photo per person and IT MUST BE OF YOUR OWN CAR.
2 - Each person submitting should include name, address, car year, make, model, mods, etc.

This is mainly to keep one person from ending up with multiple cars in the calender.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, Im gonna wait and see if people actually WANT a calender but I guess people could go ahead and start sending photos if they want. I'll get an email address from Todd (The calender guy) and post it here.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kgmdawg84 said:
perfect... i was just talking to the guys around here about that... im def down for this!!! :clap: do the cars that get chosen get a free copy? lol although i know i wont be chosen, im just curious, :rofl:
Good question.. Id imagine so. Im waiting to hear back from the calender guy now about all this.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'll leave the design up to the calender designer. I'm waiting to hear back from him now regarding an email address to send photos to. And yea, I agree it's late in the year but Ekool and I have been busy and this kind of just kept slipping our minds. Still, since the calender guy handles all printing, etc, getting them out reasonably close to 2005 should be doable.

Far as photos, you can send about anything. It will be voted on by the forum people anyway. On the Turbo Regal calender he just did, a motor shot is on the cover so as you can see, about anything is fair game.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Well, maybe Ill let the calender guy prune it down and then we'll vote. Plus we only have a narrow window of opportunity for voting so a week probably at most.

Anyway, email address has been posted in the first post of the thread but for those who didnt see it, its [email protected]

All photos need to be at least 1 megapixel, BTW. Also, it would be helpful if everyone limited their submissions to just a couple of photos.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
The calenders are printed on 8.5 x 11 paper so you should have no problem seeing them. I got an email from Todd saying he has recieved a few entrys so looks like its off and running.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
StreetRacnTechnology said:
$25 is a lil pricey for a calendar unless that includes shipping and its an 18 month one. But i would definately want one. Any other place i go to find a calendar all they have are vette or harley ones. I have a porsche one now that i got from my work, but I would much rather see SRTs.
-Brad
It is a little on the pricey side but keep in mind that thousands of these things arent going to be rolling down a production line and going in every mall kiosk in the US and Canada. This is a small run, probably no more than 150 units and is being put together by 1 guy, not a full size printing company. It costs a little more when you're 1 guy doing all this.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Well, Im basing that on the number of people who have responded to the poll. Very well more than 150 may be printed. There will be more than enough to cover demand, that much I can promise.

Todd emailed me this morning and told me he had chosen the cover photo already so a photo someone sent must have blown him away if he has already decided on the cover. And before anyone asks, no, I dont know which one :)

Todd also wanted me to pass along that if you submit a photo, he will send you confirmation it was accepted. If you don't get confirmation back, it means he didnt take it as something was wrong with the photo (IE too small, etc)

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Probably the bigger the better. Minimum size was 1 megapixel.

I have no idea how many entrys he's gotten. We'll probably open the voting up right after Xmas for the selection of 12. I'm also going to work at getting some non winning cars in the calender as thumbnails and stuff.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Most likely Monday mid day we will open voting to allow the community to choose what photos they want included. We'll probably run the voting for 3-4 days and at that point, the calender will go into production so feasibly it should be ready to ship right around the first of Jan if Todd has no other production snafus or isn't on vacation :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.