Dodge SRT Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Ibex, thanks for the tip. I do intend to keep it mostly stock in appearance and function, however when the price of new struts is through the roof for OE I'm obviously going to replace with something a bit easier on the wallet. Like I said, it's my DD. Project car comes at some other point. Oh..and tires might have been a bit difficult to find. I'm running on some Fuzions right now.

What would you guys recommend on the line of coilovers? Can I have coilovers in the rear and the stock spring/strut setup in the front?

Thanks in advance.

-Tom

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Put 3250 miles on my car this past week while I vacationed in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Took some pictures. Enjoy!

Really need to figure out what I'm doing for coilovers and I'm seriously considering sourcing parts for some cruise control. Driving bare-footed was a bad choice but damnit I love that feeling. Also, I learned how to double clutch this weekend!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Ahh my oh my has it been quite a while! My car is now up to 116k and I just did some suspension upgrades to the beast because it was getting quite scary. As I was heading to work one day I noticed that it felt like my car was tilting into the corner and definitely puckered up because that was a scary feeling. Needless to say here is what has been done:

• Ball Joints
  • Tie Rod Ends
  • Sway Bar Endlinks
  • Lower Control Arms
  • Frame Bushings
  • Alignment
As I stated before I still am in need of struts as mine are blown out 99% in the rear and the front is about 90%. I'm thinking of Koni yellows and will definitely be replacing the strut tower while I'm at it. Might as well while I'm upgrading, eh?

Additional items that now need fixed:
  • Front Rotors (damn those suckers are stuck on the hub!!) and brakes. I'll likely want to do an upgrade of sorts on the front brakes for increased stopping power/distance.
  • Clutch (I noticed under WOT in 1st and 2nd that it slipped a few times)
  • Sun Roof doesn't open (supposedly a cheap part to fix since it makes a clicky sound and you can hear the motor wanting to go)
  • Sun Roof Leaks (one corner of glass it leaks through.)
I've got a new job and I'm definitely looking to get this baby back up to baseline for the start of summer. Any suggestions or comments are very much so welcome. THANKS and hope you guys enjoy!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE6KhX-WzTI
This video isn't mine, but that's what my rear suspension is sounding like.

A friend of mine is looking to help me out with suspension and has been advising me to go with an older-school setup. Adjustable dampening struts with ground control coils, skunk2 lower control arms, etc. His reasoning was that I could build it out piece by piece and get the super control of the car. This is just my DD and there is no track usage. I do want the ability to raise/lower my car for the seasons and he told me that with the BC's I'd be spending 30 minutes per corner raising/lowering.

I was seriously about to just drop the $1000 for the BC Coilovers because I want this to be done and over with. Thoughts?

In addition to this since I'll be changing out strut due to age I'll be getting new strut mounts all around. Are the OEM ones on Modern Performance all that I'll need? Is there a recommended aftermarket brand that really stands out?

Was just looking at this thread as well: http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f11/f258/249793-street-racing-technology-acr-struts-much.html#post1494406

Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Also: I went to put the slide kit for the sunroof on my car today and found that one of the existing plastic inserts with the circle on it was broken. After disassembling the glass and pulling up the tracks, it is appearing that the Sunroof lifts up but doesn't slide back after it does that. Hmm.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Best bet would be rear koni inserts. You need the ones for a non srt4 in the rear. Also looks like your missing the bbs center caps in the wheels.

·
Super Moderator
3,481 Posts
I'm with acrneonnj on the konis. If you really feel the desire to install coilovers please go with KW/Mopar/ST. I would not choose anything else especially for a daily driver.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Konis with Tein S-Techs are waiting to be installed into a donor set of struts. Just need to get bump stops and we can start working on those.

Needswings 3" DP with cutout & cat is here and waiting install. Just picked up gasket for that today.

I've got the full Energy Suspension bushing set waiting to be installed.

In addition to that I've got an Injen Short Ram Intake that needs to go in as well.

Installed Booger bushings in the last month and found a missing shifter bushing on the transmission side. Crazy business there!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
you say that but the mod bug will bite you shortly.... you will see lol :bandit:
Visiting my ride thread a few years later I now am about to go BWS, replacing downpipe for a 3" NeedsWings catted w/ cutout. I've also thrown on an injen intake and have ES Bushing kit / Koni inserts / Tein S-Tech springs waiting to go in. :bandit:

You called it. :jester:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Car looks good, nice to see you're taking good care of it. What are the specs on the BWS you plan on going with? Also let me know if you ever decide to part with the ACR wheels :) .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Thanks man. I just dropped my car off with Blair Warner at Boneyard Performance in York, PA today. The BWS might actually be a stocker (bought used and was told it was BWS bought on the forums) but it was claimed to be one of Mole's. The guy's name was Jaryd Wingler [email protected] who I got it from.

The car is smoking now and Blair has already been finding some things wrong with it. Now just to wait and see. I think it was finally time to take it to a specialty shop to get things actually sorted out by somebody who knows what they're doing. If you're in the area I highly recommend him.

Cheers!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts