Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All! Just wanted to introduce myself here and say that I just bought a 2005 SRT-4 ACR yesterday. I'll be updating this thread with the progress I make on it but just wanted to get this up for now.

I've been informed that one of the spark plug tubes had to be re-tapped because it came out. Not feeling too great about changing my plugs just yet. :)

-Tom :hi:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Two things I've noticed so far:

1.) Boost tops out at 4-5psi on the ACR guage
2.) E-Brake is non-functioning to the point where it clicks going up but doesn't hold that well. The previous owner told me that he had to jerk it up and down a few times to get it to work. Four screws and the center console comes out but not sure how to fix it from there. I found a hardware kit to fix it for under $20.
3.) Shifting seems decent, but it feels hard to get into first and second some times.

·
Registered
6,700 Posts
^ The e-brake is adjusted in the rear. there is a small drum brake inside the rear discs. Check the how to's, I'm sure there is one for adjusting the parking brake. It's not that difficult.

EDIT: Also 4-5 PSI sounds like a boost leak.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Does the gauge read 0 when the car is off? If it does read 0 it is likely you have a boost leak.

·
Registered
56 Posts
congrats on the new ride and that deffiantly sounds like a boost leak

·
Registered
342 Posts
If its at -10 when off then you need a new boost gauge. Should sit at 0

·
Registered
56 Posts
i would say find another boost gauge and well see what you are running then :)

·
Registered
500 Posts
yep. im betting your car is fine and not leaking. new boost gauge will show you accurate boost.

and e-break is cake, adjusted in the rear like stated above. there is a guide, just do a search.

congratz on the car, shes a beaut! GL with it and have fun ;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sweet ride, welcome! Sounds like a new boost gauge will do the trick. I had the same issue.. Check to see if you need a clutch pivot arm to fix that shifting problem..

·
Registered
56 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just an update:

Changed air filter yesterday. It had an orange one in it and I noticed some oily residue on the inside of the cone as well as some grime all around the inside of the air box. Oil by any chance? Could this be a problem that needs to be addressed?

Oil has evidently always been Mobil 1 Full Synthetic. I'll be doing a nice little oil change on this girl later today and will be replacing the rear pads/rotors as well. Not too worried about any of that going wrong.

My rear struts are C R A P. I.E. I am in need of replacing them quickly. Going over bumps with any sort of pattern to them I can get the whole rear end of the car bouncing up and down...almost a floaty feeling. I'd like to replace the rear shocks but was completely taken aback once I saw the price on OEM replacements for the ACR Tokicos. I'm looking to upgrade the rear struts but am not sure what to really go for. I'm aware that the ACR has the 16" wheels with the wider tires, however as far as decent replacements that are within a sane price range (I use this car as a DD, not as a track car) what should I be looking for / going with?

Thanks again guys. I've used the search feature and spent like 45 minutes checking out posts on this suspension issue but couldn't really find the answer I was looking for as far as something with a sane price.

-Tom

·
Registered
669 Posts
Just an update:

Changed air filter yesterday. It had an orange one in it and I noticed some oily residue on the inside of the cone as well as some grime all around the inside of the air box. Oil by any chance? Could this be a problem that needs to be addressed?

Oil has evidently always been Mobil 1 Full Synthetic. I'll be doing a nice little oil change on this girl later today and will be replacing the rear pads/rotors as well. Not too worried about any of that going wrong.

My rear struts are C R A P. I.E. I am in need of replacing them quickly. Going over bumps with any sort of pattern to them I can get the whole rear end of the car bouncing up and down...almost a floaty feeling. I'd like to replace the rear shocks but was completely taken aback once I saw the price on OEM replacements for the ACR Tokicos. I'm looking to upgrade the rear struts but am not sure what to really go for. I'm aware that the ACR has the 16" wheels with the wider tires, however as far as decent replacements that are within a sane price range (I use this car as a DD, not as a track car) what should I be looking for / going with?

Thanks again guys. I've used the search feature and spent like 45 minutes checking out posts on this suspension issue but couldn't really find the answer I was looking for as far as something with a sane price.

-Tom
Wow a stock looking ACR. Thats getting rare around here.
I intend to keep it that way. :)
so much for keeping it stock lol!! until last week the only mods on my car were stage 1, intake, exhaust and agp wga, but i just landed in the world of big turbos because i cracked my stock turbofold. anyway good luck with the car, if you get coilovers you will be able to run different rims and tires, 225/45/16's are getting hard to find and a little pricey

1 - 20 of 35 Posts