Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got the new brochure from Dodge today since my wife and I are trying to decide on another srt4. here are a few pics and things I noticed, and a few things to clear up some rumors. *sorry for the terrible quality.

The 2005 SRT makes the same HP, for those who thought it didn't.

On the 05 'motor I noticed a few things; First are the little heat wraps on the plug wires (looks new to me) and the second is the intake pipe...doesn't look like its cut in the middle anymore. Dont forget the fuel rail cover, looks different also but the actual picture almost looks like it was 'photoshopped' on.

(*srt design body kit on sxt)
Looks like its missing the cowls just under the hood, kinda like the pre-production srt4. Cept this one doesn't have fog covers and the rear bumper still looks like an R/T.

It didn't mention anything in the brochure about the SRT being available in the Electric Blue (some mentioned it would be a limited production for 05). It shows available SRT colors being Black, Bright silver metalic, Flame red, and Orange blast.

...for those of us that didn't know ;)

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I'm not real sure I like that new orange blast.Maybe with time it will grow on me.And as for the SRT Design that is just plain :gay:

·
Registered
453 Posts
If you read the fine print below the picture, one can conclude that the picture is more than likely one of those srt-4 look-a-likes (sxt with srt-4 bodykit)

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Damn that fuel rail cover could use some work.

·
Registered
405 Posts
mille_3 said:
If you read the fine print below the picture, one can conclude that the picture is more than likely one of those srt-4 look-a-likes (sxt with srt-4 bodykit)
Yeah, that's what the brochure is saying. It's obviously NOT an SRT.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Not that I care much about SXT's, but I like the way the SRT is different from a plain Neon. Now, with SRT bodykits offered by Dodge, the looks is going to become to common. Oh well.

·
Banned
2,905 Posts
what but they would never change the SRT up just ask the fan boys of mopar they did everyting perfect the first time LOL

ok yeah I just ornory, I do kinda like the new color

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Whats with the "New Venture Gear T-850 heavy duty 5 speed transmission"? Is there anything new about it?

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Oh, and the '05 seems to have an alarm system standard

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
The SXT pictured is missing the 2 extra cutouts on the top of the bumper that the SRT has. Look at the Dodge badge on the front. It looks weird to me without those cutouts. I guess that is how we will be able to differentiate at a quick glance.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
stevessrt said:
Whats with the "New Venture Gear T-850 heavy duty 5 speed transmission"? Is there anything new about it?
Second that...is there a different tranny in the 03's and 04's???

·
Registered
938 Posts
stevessrt said:
Seriously?

New Venture Gear (NVG) makes the T-850 trans....

·
Forum Moderator
13,295 Posts
I don't know why Dodge keeps doing it but they keep using the pic from the concept SRT for the engine shot. You can see that on the concept version the air box lid has ridge lines going across and the one piece intake pipe. Plus the red stripes on the injector cover.

A nice piece of photoshopping below...

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
spicer said:
Seriously?

New Venture Gear (NVG) makes the T-850 trans....
D'oh! OK,....got it.... :blush:

·
Registered
11,316 Posts
I always liked the concept nose, but that was with the 2nd gen headlights... it just looks funky w/o the holes and those lights, lol.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
too bad they dont tell you the alarm system is inactive when they sell you the car, they leave it up to you to figure it out and chase down the dealers to activate it. One of the dumbest things I've ever seen in the new car purchasing environment. But they dont miss a beat in advertising it within the brochure. dumb asses.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts