Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 04 Yellow with 74k on it that has never been raced, modded, smoked in, and is more or less flawless. How much do you guys think I should ask for it? I'm only considering selling because I will have pay to ship again from Hawaii. The prices for SRT4's seems to vary a great deal and I know mine is rare and probably one of the nicest on the road. What do you all think?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Ask for 10, take 8.5 to 9. If it is in good shape and not all hacked up like most nowadays it is a VERY rare bird. Especially the miles and color/year.

·
Registered
425 Posts
you can ask any amount you'd like but you need to determine the lowest you will accept. I agree with the $6k-$8k asking price.

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Listing price has very little to do with the actual transaction price these days.

You can list it past 7k (which, in my opinion, is hilarious), but you'll likely only dissuade buyers. Start with Autotrader to see what they're going for in WA and Hawaii, and check the wholesale / blackbook prices.

Here in BC, people list them for 8k CAN all the time. They don't sell for that. I got #three for 5k taxes in, and she's mint, stock, 1 owner. I have the means to pay more, but why would I?

Weigh your chances of getting a sucker to pay a premium vs. how long you want to hang on to it.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Ya resale on these cars is a bitch. Meanwhile used evi 9s go for 24k still. Damn cars are like an investment. People that ask 5-6500 are hunks of shit though. Missing or broken parts and horrible maintenance. I'd rather pay 10g for one that has been kept up on.its hard to find one of those though. Anything under 8 grand is going to be a basket case.

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
People that ask 5-6500 are hunks of shit though. Missing or broken parts and horrible maintenance. I'd rather pay 10g for one that has been kept up on.its hard to find one of those though. Anything under 8 grand is going to be a basket case.
I politely disagree.

Both my car and a friends car were 1 owner, bone stock (or really close to), low mileage (100k kms), clean title SRT-4s we bought last year. Both were under $5k Canadian, taxes in. One was private sale (with all paperwork, receipts, etc.), and the other was dealership sale.

My car is fairly mint, my friends has a handful of door dings and scratches. Both interiors are mint.

On the other hand, there's 2 SRT-4s here locally that are beat-to-shit, high mileage flippers. They show up every couple of months on the local Craigslist for 7k, drop to 6, and then usually, quietly, trade hands for around 4 or less. The occasional moron buys it for asking price, and then wonders why they can't flip it and get their entire loan amount back.

That's why you have to do some homework and find the actual, real, transaction prices.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Poke your head on California craigslist for a good laugh. I'm glad you got a great deal on one.
Www.Inlandempire craigslist.org

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
Yeah, I see srt-4s go for super cheap all over the place. For me, it doesn't matter if it is broke if it is priced right for what it has. I bought a car with a hole in the block for heaven's sake.

A bone stock, fairly low miles (like OP), well cared for car will get on the higher end of the sales prices, but you have to find the buyer. Around here it would go for 6k tops.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Poke your head on California craigslist for a good laugh. I'm glad you got a great deal on one.
You are telling me.
I live in solca.
I think I got a good deal on mine.
Huntington Beach Chrysler Dodge dealer.
2003 $7000, 93k miles, 1 owner

Some are really expensive here.

Your car here for 6K will sell fast, 8.5k would be good here.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I would actually pay more for a yellow. Especially the 04, yellow. Hmmm does op want a dark gray 2007 r6 never dropped ? Lmao

·
Registered
473 Posts
Ya resale on these cars is a bitch. Meanwhile used evi 9s go for 24k still. Damn cars are like an investment. People that ask 5-6500 are hunks of shit though. Missing or broken parts and horrible maintenance. I'd rather pay 10g for one that has been kept up on.its hard to find one of those though. Anything under 8 grand is going to be a basket case.
That is why a lot of them are around 6k. You are buying something that needs work in one way or another including being over 100k miles. Which at the age of this platform is not surprising. I mean mine has 21k on the odometer and is completely built from suspension, tranny, engine to turbo setup. So when I am talking about about values of these cars I am thinking of SRT-4's that are taken care of and not clapped out turds.

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
I did; spitting image of what Craigslist up here looks like. There's a couple around $5k, one with a salvage title for $9k (lololol), clean-looking $8k, stock with minor issues $6400.

Mine was originally listed around $7k, dropped to $5k because they couldn't move it. Hell, I didn't even make the guy wait - a friend sent me the link and I looked at it on a whim. Offered him $5k next day and took it home. It was on Vancouver Island at the time (which I rarely go to), a $200 round-trip ferry ride, so chances were I would have never gone back for it. It just came together.

My point is that if you want one right now this second omg omg then you're at the seller's mercy. If you're patient, then they are at yours. Deals are out there.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah I'll probably try and get $7500 for it or just sell my ram 1500 and have the government ship it for me. Thanks for replies.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Just get both shipped.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts